Acoustic Control Corp tube guitar amp

Started by Cursed71, August 23, 2012, 05:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cursed71

I saw one at music go round a while back for around $200 and am kicking myself for not buying it.  It was a brown head (not blue/black)and I think around 100 watts.  Other than that I am not sure of the model number.  I read somewhere that Pallbearer uses these for guitar, but I've never seen em live so that may not be true.  Anyhow, does anyone have any experience/info on these?

Mr. Foxen

Naisian have one in their practice space they use for recording, but the bloke has just gone offline.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Cursed71 on August 23, 2012, 05:56:25 PM
I saw one at music go round a while back for around $200 and am kicking myself for not buying it.  It was a brown head (not blue/black)and I think around 100 watts.  Other than that I am not sure of the model number.  I read somewhere that Pallbearer uses these for guitar, but I've never seen em live so that may not be true.  Anyhow, does anyone have any experience/info on these?

from what i remember they were made in the early 80s to compete with the channel switchers (mesa, et al).

I am told that they sound good.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Cursed71 on August 23, 2012, 05:56:25 PM

They do, Deaner sent me a shot of them playing.

Those heads are bad to the bone.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Cursed71

Thanks for the info!  Would be cool to come across one of these again. $200 would have been a steal!

FullCustom

I worked on one once. It was like a really stiff Mesa Mk series. Studiomaster made a similar amp.