Main Menu

When is time to quit?

Started by VOLVO))), June 23, 2012, 01:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonergrunge

When is time to quit?

When you're dead.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Lumpy

Quote from: tombhex on August 06, 2012, 09:57:07 AM
Quote from: SunnO))) on July 27, 2012, 05:53:57 PM
Shit, it's happening again. I just spent a couple hours with a bunch of really, really awesome musicians and I feel like a total fucking scrub. I suck compared to all of these dudes... I know you're supposed to hang with dudes who are better so you progress, but these dudes just made me feel like a fucking loser, without even saying a goddamn word about me...

this is how i feel every time i get out and jam with some great musicians. it's just a reminder of exactly how tight my playing used to be and of the fact that i just don't have the drive to hone my skills again or get better at guitar.

i know a lot of people say that your mid-twenties are that period of constant growth and a great time to get into and experience a bunch of things and play a bunch of places "before it's too late" (job, wife, kids, parents getting older, etc) but i feel like for the most part my twenties have provided me with little more than a whole lot of listlessness.

the most debilitating blow to my drive to get out and meet people to play music with or start a new band is realizing that i'm not the musician i once was and haven't done anything to make the situation any better.

You gotta keep your chops up, so if you do meet some serious dudes, you're ready like Freddy.

If you only practice when you feel like it, then you're just not that serious (says a dude who only practices when he feels like it). Nothing wrong with that, as long as that matches up to your aspirations. I'm into playing music for fun (because there's no way in hell I could do it professionally).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.