Heavy music... No distortion.

Started by zachoff, August 20, 2012, 12:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachoff

On a Townes Van Zandt kick.  Dude wrote some seriously heavy music & most is him and an acoustic. /envy

clockwork green

A lot of Michael Gira's work from his solo stuff to Angels of Light is nearly always distortion free. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

BigSwordfishtrombone

I guess I can state the obvious and say Johnny Cash. Leonard Cohen's early stuff (Songs of love and hate specifically). I guess you could also look up some songs off of Henry's dream by Nick Cave.

clockwork green

I've always found Low to be heavy in a sweet/depressing sort of way...not the sort of thing you'd expect from a Mormon couple. Their song Shame is a great example of that.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Mr. Foxen

Deadboy and the Elephant men being acoustic, Velvet Songs for Golden Skulls bootleg, is pretty heavy.

apekillman

I always considered "wish you were here" a very heavy record considering some of the lyrical subject matter.

Ryno

If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

BigSwordfishtrombone

Quote from: Ryno on August 20, 2012, 09:47:37 PM
Anything Mark Lanegan.

I can't believe I accidentally forgot to mention him. One of the best singers/songwriters around too.;__;

Muffin Man

Vic Chesnutt

Blueberry Lazer

god damn vic chesnutt! I had to break the news of his suicide to my mother (who is the biggest vic fan) on Christmas day a few years back. artie lang stabbed himself that week as well. Worst Christmas Ever. As shitty as things have been in my life lately , i better not attempt to listen to vic right now or i will be sobbing and drunk for the remainder of day/week.

mawso

EddieMullet

Kraftwerk Trans Europe Express.

Seriously not a real instrument on the whole thing all synths and drum machines, but its one of the "heaviest" non rock albums I ever heard, at times it almost reaches a plodding doom like pace.

Unless a vocoder counts there is no distortion on it.

Baltar

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Lumpy

Video distracts from the song but whatever

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.