Main Menu

Fuckin' stupid amp

Started by Ranbat, March 09, 2012, 08:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

So, I got this Alamo Montclair Reverb awhile back. It was free off CL. When I picked it up it just blew fuses when you turned it on. I figured it was the power transformer but since there were no markings on it and I had no way of figuring out what I exactly needed, I took it to my local amp guy. He checked it out and said it was definitely the power transformer. He ordered one and installed it, checked everything else out and said it was good to go.
I bring the amp home and fire it up. Sounds good. Has a nice reverb and vibrato. This thing is surf city. I'm jammin', lovin' this amp and there's a knock at the door. I flip it to standby and go answer the door. Come back 15 minutes later and I smell burnt electrical and the amp light is out. Fuck! I'm taking it back to him tomorrow. He's always been good about getting it right the first time so I'm feeling a little sick right now. Just had to vent.
Meh :/

bitter

Oh man don't get me started on the front door distractions when I'm playing.  >:(

Hopefully your guy gets it sorted out as that amp sounds like a lot of fun.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

liquidsmoke

Ranbat

I knew she was coming by to borrow a guitar, so it wasn't like it was unexpected really.

Took it back to the tech and he said he'll check it out and see what happened. I guess I'll find out next week  :(
Meh :/