Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

poop.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Jake on January 24, 2012, 01:10:16 PM
Is that an Autobot or Decepticon?

hmmm. I am tempted to say Decepticon. Just an all around bad mofo OT

xayk

That makes other transformers look like Go-Bots by comparison.

dunwichamps

end bell to end bell is about 5.5", 4" wide. 15-18 lbs. Rated up to 240W, running it on a 4 x KT88 amp. Fucker is the biggest iron i bought

Hemisaurus

I think I might be able to top it, but I'll have to do some dismantling first ;)

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on January 24, 2012, 02:02:15 PM
I think I might be able to top it, but I'll have to do some dismantling first ;)

quite probably, I bet the Partridge 88 iron is bigger also

i got a solid deal on this guy just 160 + ship.

Mr. Foxen

I jsut bought a 200w Partridge OT. Some other fucker beat me to the PT so now I have no idea what to do with it.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on January 24, 2012, 02:17:41 PM
I jsut bought a 200w Partridge OT. Some other fucker beat me to the PT so now I have no idea what to do with it.

im considering a Merc DR201 Partridge PT for a build, one of those stack HT type rectos, fucker aint cheap tho but customer doesnt seem to mind.

Hemisaurus

Parallel up a pair of 100W trannies, is the first thing that springs to mind. Works for Marshall and Matamp.

Pic added, credit to greenman aka Mr Mondo.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Marshall did it back in the day before 100W transformers were commonly available, they cobbled together to 50's for Hendrix or Townsend or one of those buggers.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: Hemisaurus on January 24, 2012, 04:06:24 PM
Parallel up a pair of 100W trannies, is the first thing that springs to mind. Works for Marshall and Matamp.

Pic added, credit to greenman aka Mr Mondo.

I'm already short of 100w trannies, need one to get my Klipp going. Got SC120s flying out my ass though, I don't know enough about that side of things to figure if you can run 4 KT88 from one of those though. That Matamp is basically a stereo amp in bridge mode.

Biggest iron I have is in my Matamp slave, but I have no pics concentrating on them, just lurking behind some tiny KT88

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on January 24, 2012, 07:50:04 PM
I'm already short of 100w trannies, need one to get my Klipp going. Got SC120s flying out my ass though, I don't know enough about that side of things to figure if you can run 4 KT88 from one of those though. That Matamp is basically a stereo amp in bridge mode.
Well yes and no, any push pull amp could be considerd bridged, one set of tubes is driven positive as the other is driven negative, but really the output is just paralleled.