You need a pedalboard when...

Started by Hemisaurus, December 08, 2011, 02:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitter

I'm so used to having 2-3 pedals always on, that placing them atop the amp is the easiest option. Now that my effects are expanding (both in quantity and in nature), I need to get a proper board.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

grimniggzy

Chose 4 or more.
If they're small though I think I could get away with lugging 5 or even more w/o a pedalboard.

VOLVO)))

I got one at four pedals, I've got like 9 now.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

yesca

i'd say 4 or more. i use 3 every time i jam and I've never seriously gave it thought that a pedal board was a must get for me.

bitter

Quote from: yesca on December 08, 2011, 03:32:46 PM
i'd say 4 or more. i use 3 every time i jam and I've never seriously gave it thought that a pedal board was a must get for me.

That was my thought until stuff started vibrating off the amp.  ;)
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Lumpy

When you have an A/B switch and can't get your pedals hooked up correctly on the first try, every time. Even if there's only 2 or 3 pedals.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

justinhedrick

i had several homemade wood pedal boards over the years, but i made one out of a grill rack, similar to this about 4 years ago. it holds 4 boss sized pedals that i secured with zip ties through the holes, it's light weight, and fits in my pedal suitcase.

RAGER

I've never really owned a pedal board but I might have to re-think this cuz I just went and counted how many I have in front of my rig upstairs and it's at 9.  But a lot of that is just for fuckn around.
No Focus Pocus

Baltar

I said 2, I almost said 1.  They're so damn easy to make.  1-stop shopping at Home Depot, rubber feet, velcro, plywood and super glue for the velcro if you need it.  The only tools you need are a drill and some sandpaper (if you want smooth edges).  

For me, I don't like pedals and cables flopping around. I just like to be very organized and pedal boards make for a faster set-up, especially if you use a suitcase or Anvil case.  I can be set-up in under 10 seconds, which makes the soundman very happy.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Chovie D

my vote was 2.

for me the pedalboard is about getting your shit on and off the stage in the quickest posible fashion, while protecting my gear.
3 or more pedals  that you got to connect every time and a bunch of cables bouncing around in a back pack  is not efficient for me.

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

chille01

You can't play and need a bunch of tricks to cover it up.

Of course, I don't believe that, but my grandfather once told me that Hendrix's wah pedal did most of the work for him.  Of course, most of his favorite music involved solo bagpipes... so....

I voted for 4 or more.  I have a pedalboard with about 7 pedals. 

liquidsmoke

3 or more, maybe even 2. Keep that shit off the floor, it snows in Wisconsin and people track it in so you can have water all over the floor. Not good.