Started by justinhedrick, October 26, 2011, 11:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baltar

Tortuga Standard Issue
$299

VFE Enterprise
$160

If you're a Trekkie w/ $ to drop.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

El Zombre

I have an MXR flanger that says you can get a phaser affect by turning the pitch modulation range (or something, forgot what the knob is properly called) down to zero and presto-changeo - you've got a phaser along with your flanger pedal.

Corey Y

Please someone make a Phaser that is permanently set at the maximum setting (possibly with a built in maxed out Fuzz/Dist/OD) called a Disruptor.

No stun setting, it just disintegrates.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Corey Y on October 28, 2011, 02:04:12 PM
Please someone make a Phaser that is permanently set at the maximum setting (possibly with a built in maxed out Fuzz/Dist/OD) called a Disruptor.

no knobs either, right? just a switch? that would be crazy.

i wanted to do that same concept but it would be a maxed out wah pedal (no treadle or anything) with a switch, and just call it "destroy".

Chovie D

Quote from: Corey Y on October 28, 2011, 02:04:12 PM

behold the Guitar Disruptor. it is not a phaser tho...no idea what it is actually. it makes horrible random noises that sound like your amp is frying. kindo flike a buzzbox on steroids, it adds a low octave, fuzz and i think step oscillates or some shit. fucked up for sure. your signal does just disintegrate..but I can control it enough to make cool sounds. i own one and think its really cool, Lumpy doesnt like his as much as i do. i wil probably never get to use it on a recording, but its fun to fool around with.

justinhedrick

anyone try the dano pedal? i remember trying one YEARS ago, like 1999 or so, and it sounded really distorted.

RAGER

Right now when I use one which is rarely  I use a Small Stone Nano.  I had a Phase 90 a while back but got rid of it now I want it back.  Thought about getting the EVH one too.  But what I really want is a Catalinbread Pareidolia. Somewhere between a phase and a tremolo
No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

Quote from: justinhedrick on October 28, 2011, 03:21:31 PM
anyone try the dano pedal? i remember trying one YEARS ago, like 1999 or so, and it sounded really distorted.

if you mean the little blue one, the pepperoni,  I have one. Its a phase 90 clone. Its okay. The plastic switch, knob shaft and case make it not very road worthy...

whenever i see one of those little danos for 5-10$ I grab it. some are great. chicken slad vibe, tuna melt tremolo, french toast octave fuzz..those are the three best ones.

clockwork green

Phase is good but I like a good univibe much better.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Danny G

The Phase 100 sounds more like a Small Stone than a Phase 90
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

justinhedrick

now, what is the difference between a phaser and a flanger? i screwed around with a flanger that i have on friday night for a while and could KIND OF make it phaser-y, but not all the way.

johnny problem

Quote from: justinhedrick on October 31, 2011, 12:00:20 PM
now, what is the difference between a phaser and a flanger? i screwed around with a flanger that i have on friday night for a while and could KIND OF make it phaser-y, but not all the way.

From my understanding, phase, chorus, tremolo, and flange are all the same kind of modulation.  When I use my Phase 90, I can get some flange/tremolo type sounds and cranked gives me a vibe type sound.

Chovie D

google that shit.
its complicated.

actually, I googled it and still cannot explain it. ???

justinhedrick

Quote from: Chovie D on October 31, 2011, 12:56:00 PM
google that shit.
its complicated.

actually, I googled it and still cannot explain it. ???

i'll do that. i know it has something to do with the phase relationship of the signal and . . . ugh . . .

Chovie D

plugged in my mutron phase2 yesterday and fell in love again.