Today's Stupid Deal Two Tube, Two Channel Pedal / Preamp $90

Started by Hemisaurus, October 28, 2011, 08:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

Can we delete this tomorrow please Sunn?

Chovie D

I own that pedal and it is awesome.
When i was doubling on pedal steel and guitar and only wanted to bring my lightweight SS steel amp, i used this pedal to get a more tube like tone for guitar thru the solid state. Its still the best distortion/preamp pedal for pedal steel Ive found. Its very pick sensitive and the two channels allows you to have a "boost" or a clean/dirty thing. It wont really do sludge or fuzz tones...sounds more like a really nice Rat style distortion and also can function as a really great sounding tubescreamer. very versatile. ON the downside it has a huge footprint and requires a dedicated wallwart.

I bought mine used for $75, used it for a year and then the oneof the tubes went and you cannot replace them yourself..well you cuold but the tubes are small military and have no sockets. I sent it back to Seymour duncan, no receipty, not even the original owner, and they repaired it and returned it in 3 days. unbeleiveable customer service , no questions asked, immediate reply, super fast tuirnaround.

They make a 'metal" and "blues" version of this pedal also, havent tried those.

anyway...great preamp distortion...ideal for situations where you need warmth thru a SS rig or where you want channel switching and have none.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Baltar

That's a fucking steal.  Too bad it is so big, looks like something you build your board around. 
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Chovie D

Quote from: Baltar on October 28, 2011, 12:24:00 PM
That's a fucking steal.  Too bad it is so big, looks like something you build your board around.  

exactly. had to customize juts to fit shit n there, including the whack ass walwart power supply, think its 18volt or some shit. tape is because those chickenhead knobs on there will trun all over the place on their own in your pedal case and are very sensitive in that the slightest turn will greatly affect the sound.  great pedal tho

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Chovie D on October 28, 2011, 11:12:04 AM
I bought mine used for $75, used it for a year and then the oneof the tubes went and you cannot replace them yourself..well you cuold but the tubes are small military and have no sockets. I sent it back to Seymour duncan, no receipty, not even the original owner, and they repaired it and returned it in 3 days. unbeleiveable customer service , no questions asked, immediate reply, super fast tuirnaround.

For free?

Chovie D

free , even the return shipping. I did pay to send it to them.
I still cannot believe they repaired a used pedal for me.

you can get the tubes and they are pretty interesting, instead of sockets they juts have pin leads, and they are much smaller than a regular preamp tube. I was gonna repair it myself, but I took a chance and emailed duncan and they said sendit over. :o

Lumpy

The Stupid Deal is now the Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz for $49 (usually 99, list price 149)

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Chovie D

Seymour duncan die or something? (god forbid)

wonder what that pedal is like?
another BIG footprint

Baltar

I heard it was a pretty good fuzz actually.

Here's the link at PGS:

http://proguitarshop.com/seymour-duncan-sfx-02-tweak-fuzz.html
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.