On the subject of neck repairs...

Started by xayk, November 13, 2011, 03:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimniggzy

Quote from: SunnO))) on November 17, 2011, 11:24:43 PM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on November 17, 2011, 10:44:10 PM
You're over-complicating things again ;D

Get a thru neck blank, stewmac does them, bandsaw the body into three parts, discard middle part with broken neck, glue other two body wings to the new neck.

See, easy ;D

The fucked up part about that, Neck thru guitars can be made to any shape you want, you could just make the blank into a guitar if you want.

Carvin makes great affordable neckthru blanks.

Herbie, Why don'tcha do that for your bass? You can glue hunks of shit from your refuse bin to it, so it'd be punk enough for you... :D :D

Speaking of Carvin...

Sick deal on these drivers

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=PS12-8

EDIT: Carvin has rad deals on a lot of shit, check out their site...

Do you know if those really work for bass like the review on there says they should?
"I was going through Carvin's web sight one day I saw an amp that carried this speaker that was a full range amp set up for bass, guitar and voice."

I've also noticed some really awesome deals on their website.

Hemisaurus

Yeah, it's just a standard PA speaker, works fine for bass. If it's a testimonial, the guy from Lightning Bolt uses the same series (10" version) to fix his busted cab in the documentary.

I came up with another use for the guitar, if you can't afford a headless bridge, just mount the tuning machines from the headstock on the body, like BC Rich did for their 10 strings, or Kramer did for their headless bass.

there are cheap string anchor designs out there for the end of the neck.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on November 18, 2011, 11:02:48 AM
Yeah, it's just a standard PA speaker, works fine for bass. If it's a testimonial, the guy from Lightning Bolt uses the same series (10" version) to fix his busted cab in the documentary.

what documentary?