Main Menu

Facebook Nerds

Started by Hemisaurus, August 21, 2011, 09:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

My band page just got liked by another band page, how did they do that?

Metal and Beer

Any admins of your band page can use FB under their personal name or switch over and navigate under your band name, including "liking" other pages.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Hemisaurus

So how do we perform this switch?

Metal and Beer

On the right margin, there's usually a link that says "Use Facebook as_______" <---band name, or any page you're an admin aside from your personal page. You can change settings, too, that'll switch you over as soon as you open the band page

mortlock

give me a good reason to let someone else be an admin of your page..asking for trouble if you ask me..

Hemisaurus

In case you post something someone deems offensive, and facebook remove your account, no account no ability to edit your page. I don't even know what happens to pages that have no admin, maybe they vanish.

VOLVO)))

Ill admin it. Haha.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Metal and Beer

Quote from: mortlock on August 23, 2011, 07:20:44 AM
give me a good reason to let someone else be an admin of your page..asking for trouble if you ask me..

You wouldn't trust your bandmates with the bands' Facebook page password?

Hemisaurus

What password? You just assign admin from their own personal FB account. You can be usurped, when I quit one band that I had started the FB page for, I went to remove myself and assign it to the other guys, only to find they'd already removed me  :)

You can always create yourself a backup FB account for your alter-ego, and assign him Admin privileges as well, in case your main account ever gets deleted (if you don't have a wife with an account ;))

Metal and Beer

Password = admin page access, whatev.

Every member of our bands are admins so they can add content as they shall. It's only "asking for trouble" if there's a possibility of subversive behavior or whatnot. Homies don't play dat up in heah!