Main Menu

Gibson Marauder

Started by Discö Rice, April 01, 2011, 02:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discö Rice

Thinking of picking this bad boy up in a week or so if it's still there. Will mod it into HH.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280597388480#vi-content ]

I haven't decided what to offer him. He already shot someone down for 450 shipped. I'm definitely not paying 700 for it, because: It's a 79, not a 72, it has a "small crack near the E string", it doesn't have the original tuners or tone knob, none of which is a big concern since I'm removing the tone knob and hacking wood out of the body to put a Humbucker in the bridge, but it matters in terms of price. Yes it's ugly, yes it's a Gibson with a bolt-on maple neck, but I love these guitars. Your thoughts?
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Lumpy

People aren't usually willing to come down a lot on their prices.

Also, it's a project... not really a fan of new projects. What about buying a guitar that's ready to go? And once you pay for the pickups you want, it's even less of a deal (unless you can sell the other parts).

I would keep looking, get a feel for the market and see what else is around.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Discö Rice

A very good point, although I could deal with the single in the bridge until I really need to pop in the Humbucker. I did notice an Agile LP for $550 with all the bells and whistles. It's pretty, but it lacks character. I will keep looking.

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Discö Rice

Discö Rice

looks like a student model, though. I wonder if it's full-scale.

xander face

man

dude

bro

no

i had a 79 Marauder for a few months...tuned it to C standard / drop A# and sludged it out for all it was worth

it was worth the $250 i paid for it...was stoked to get $650 when i sold it...the guitar was nowhere near anywhere that kind of money.  I could fit two credit cards in the gap between the body and the neck.

If you've got a budget like $600 you'd be getting a way better guitar with a faded Gibson or a Blacktop Fender or something.

Remember only some guitars are vintage and collectible...most of them are just old.

Discö Rice

Discö Rice

Hahaha when I came across that auction there was 1 minute, 37 seconds left. I hope he re-lists that thing.