Main Menu

TRADING / WANTED thread.

Started by Hemisaurus, February 25, 2011, 11:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discö Rice

Alright, gotta get focused on drums again. the three things I need to get back into playing seriously are as follows - Trick Bigfoot double pedal, Hammerax 16" or 18" Hell Hat, and Paiste 24" 2002 Reverend Al ride. Yes all of these things are gobs of money, but I figure as long as I'm replacing things I might as well get what I really want. I'm not really married to the ride, but I do need a classic sounding, crashable ride that is at least 24". I already have a 24" 2002 ride that I use exclusively as a crash, and it needs a playmate. The pedal and the Hell Hat I'm firm on. If you blokes see any screaming deals, feel free to send them my way.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Lumpy

I'm looking for a useable electric guitar for less than 50 dollars. Beat up but not broken.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

justJon

Quote from: Discö Rice on March 06, 2011, 11:59:47 PM
Alright, gotta get focused on drums again. the three things I need to get back into playing seriously are as follows - Trick Bigfoot double pedal, Hammerax 16" or 18" Hell Hat, and Paiste 24" 2002 Reverend Al ride. Yes all of these things are gobs of money, but I figure as long as I'm replacing things I might as well get what I really want. I'm not really married to the ride, but I do need a classic sounding, crashable ride that is at least 24". I already have a 24" 2002 ride that I use exclusively as a crash, and it needs a playmate. The pedal and the Hell Hat I'm firm on. If you blokes see any screaming deals, feel free to send them my way.

I don't have any specific gear to offer, but if the Big Al ride/crash is hard to come by/expensive, try the 24" Giant Beat. I'm using that, and a 2002 24" crash, and couldn't be happier. (I'd still add a Big Al, and maybe a Rude 24" Eclipse, If I could find them, but...)
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

Bro. Righteous

Ya, I'm loving my 24" Dream Bliss Ride/Crash - has that great wobble/dark crash sound, fuck-all
bell but it's a sweet-ass sound. Great deal for the price.
I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

Discö Rice

I looked into those dream cymbals - it seems the only 24" ride they have is a small bell flat ride. I did see that they do custom cymbals, though. That's exciting.

Jon - My concern about the giant beat and the big al is comparative volume and durability. Listening on Paiste's website the big al seems to open up more, which is nice, but I don't like seeing "thin" in the description of a cymbal I might be purchasing, unless it's a china.  I'm sure you're a slugger too, so maybe durability isn't really an issue. For the money though, I think the 24" 2002 crash sounded very cool and pushed a bit more volume. Also the "medium" weight makes me a little more relaxed about buying it.

justJon

Volume is NOT a problem with the GB. I haven't had any issues with durability with any Paiste cymbal, to be honest. Over the nearly 40 years I've been playing, I've cracked probably half a dozen Zildjian and others, never a Paiste.

Yes, I 'm a " slugger" (never thought of it that way!). I use Vic Firth "Metal" wood tip sticks, and mostly the shoulder of those. I do have good technique, that is, I don't come straight into the edge of the cymbal, but "glance" off a little bit, tends to lend a spin to the cymbals. I don't tighten them down, either. I don't use a top felt, and just let them swing.

To my ears, the 2002 24"crash, and the 24" GB are very complementary sounds. I ride more on the GB, but crash on them both. Those and the 16"  "Twenty" series Hihats are the only cymbals on my kit. I wouldn't mind adding a couple other 24's just for variety, but I'm perfectly content to have just those.

For context, the rest of my kit is Ludwig 3-ply mahogany. 26" kick, 15" rack, 20" floor. No-one has ever worried about hearing me. ( Last sound check, the soundguy asked for snare, and i heard him mutter into my monitor,"Whoa! That's a LOUD snare!")

black

The soundguy wasn't the only one at that gig that said 'Whoa" when you cats fired up!
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

justJon

Heh.
In addition to being my online stalker, Black is a good friend, and fellow "Seasoned" player playing "heavy" music. And he can attest that volume is not an issue with my cymbal choices.

Discö Rice

Good info, man. Thanks! Maybe you can add some input to this, then - I'm eventually switching to a 26" or 28" bass drum. Right now I play a 22x32 (2 22x16's stuck together end to end), and I love how much it projects, even though the action is a little sluggish. Do you find that a 26" drum head slows your foot down significantly? Any idea how much worse a 28 would be?

justJon

It's really the depth that feels like it slows me down, more than the width. As a reference, even though he was god, Bonzo did all that crazy right foot triplet, couplet stuff on a 26"x14" kick.

I used to play a 24x18 kick, liked the sound, but found it sluggish in response.My 26x14 is louder, deeper, AND feels faster. I think it has to do with pneumatic response off the front head. I think if you stick with the shallower shell, you'll find that the rebound picks right up. Try it with a random 22x16 or 14 in a music store or in someone else's jam room. See if it doesn't work that way for you.

I also have a friend who plays a 22x22, and it sounds like a cannon, but I'm hard pressed to play anything requiring speed or precision on it.

hayseed

I need 1 Sunn !5" speaker to match up in my Sorado cab. The one i have now is a square magnet that reads Guitar Transducer. Doesn't have to match. Prefer it to work. But i will re cone if i have to. Thanks.

Also wanted:  Sunn sorado cab 215 loaded or unloaded.
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

unbowed

I have an electric 612 w/live-in roadcase that I would trade for an orange,matamp,or electric 412 plus something else on your end.I would also consider a stack of sunn 412s cabs.The cab is in very good shape with no major issues.Its covered in orange and is loaded with emi man-o-wars at 16ohm a side.I am in tn but also willing to ship this cab (at your expense) so make an offer.I will also entertain cash offers.If you want more pics or info just let me know.

[attachment deleted by admin]

VOLVO)))

Trading:

Boss OC-2 Japan
DOD Buzz Box
Allum Modded Boss CS-3
Boss FZ-2

Wanted:

Keeley DS-1.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

hayseed

For trade:
EH BASS BIG MUFF w/ box
Radial Big Shot ABY w/ box

I would like to get a good bass overdrive for these and i will ship.

For sale;
Fender Bassman 2x15 cab- Vertical speaker arrangement, early 70's, excellent shape(must see) and it sounds awesome, EMPTY

"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

hayseed

Not sure really. I am willing to try anything. I am using a Ibanez Tubescreamer(TS10) and i love the tone but it steals a bit too much low end for me. I might try a TS9 or even the new Bass Tubescreamer. I know i don't want fuzz or distortion(My buddy is using my Rat2 and i am selling the Bass MUff) .
Any suggestions?

Baltar

Trading:

Stomp Under Foor - Screaming Panda (LM308 RAT/Green Army MUFF hybrid) No longer made!

Wanted:
EHX Memory Boy
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.