writing a new song at the moment...

Started by dogfood, April 10, 2011, 04:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogfood

and, shit, is it a lot of fucking work.  good thing I have this delicious substance called...are you ready..beer!  I went to the cigar store and the music go round for some rocky patel the edge sumatra's and a danelectro cool cat fuzz.  I ordered a behringer fuzz, echo, and tremelo/pan  but it's taking forever to get here so I picked up an even cheaper! $15! fuzz to have something to work with for the moment.  See, I'm putting together a new pedal board/band set up and I'm starting cheap. The danelectro sounds ok, it'll do, and I can get just the smallest amount of chug out of it for some heavyness.  Using leafDrums to arrange the song and recording it on my tascam us-144mkII & cubase when I get that far.  the tascam is a nice little toy.  I have to resort to a drum program cause it's fucking impossible to get everyone together these days.  seems we all have lives and shit.  Arranging it with the program forces me to make it all work perfectly too which is good.  I thought I post some shit cause my fingers are sore.  Mostly just my left index as I chopped off the tip in a door years ago, and unlike Iommi, I dont have rubber tips to protect it.  the shit gets sore.  not like it used to but I can still play longer than the 9/10 of a finger can.  what are you fucks up to?
Problem solving whiskey!

mortlock

you need pizza to go with your beer..

Hemisaurus

Dammit, I just had dinner, now you got me wanting pizza and a night of fuzz bass >:(

SpaceTrucker

Just starting to really Write Songs down Lyrically. For some reason, I have a knack for matching Good words to riffs(and chord progressions) and creating vocal melodies. I just have no drive. I need to set my computer up to record on audacity. I think its the fact of knowing I won't remember any of what I come up with that makes me less excited about it, once I get over that little pitfall I should be ready to start my musical Journey. YAY! ;D Then I will really get started.