Sam Ash is blowing these fuckers out

Started by Jake, March 12, 2011, 05:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

for $269 +  free shipping. I ordered the black one through Amazon this morning, because god knows, I need another guitar.

I have a feeling they're going to be discontinued, so it may be wise to snatch since it might really climb in value someday. It's something that is pretty unique, looks pretty cool, and gets very positive reviews. Jeez, I mean for that price, there's almost no way you'd ever end up selling it for a loss if/when they run out. Or not. I remember jonesing for one when they came out a few years ago with a $550-700 street price.

http://www.amazon.com/Ampeg-AMG100BK-Wood-Bodied-Armstrong-Electric/dp/B001DNFV84

poop.

clockwork green

If it was a plexi model I'd buy 2 of them. Still a tough call.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Baltar

My buddy had the white one.  That's a killer price, modular pickups too.  Pull the trigger!
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

LogicalFrank

I really want a white one. I'm too lazy to sell off the stuff I'd need to to afford the space for it though.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

grimniggzy

Damn, good price. Think I like the Cherry one best.
Wish these were the basses.

the diddler

Jake

I kind of want to get the white one too, since it has a maple neck. Then swap the necks and keep the black/tortoise one with a maple neck.
poop.

LogicalFrank

Get all three and tell us which color sounds the best.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

the diddler

3 different woods to choose from, damn.  Just ordered the cherry mahogany body- really like the black/tortoise but don't know shit about alder as a tonewood.

grimniggzy

Quote from: the diddler on March 15, 2011, 04:54:51 AM
3 different woods to choose from, damn.  Just ordered the cherry mahogany body- really like the black/tortoise but don't know shit about alder as a tonewood.

It'll getcha there.
All my Fender Basses are fine for me & they are alder not ash.

LogicalFrank

Alder has a nice, solid midrangy tone to my ears. Lots of Fenders use it.

Jake

Nice, diddles. After doing a bit of research, it seems that if you're going to want a different pickup to swap out (and who wouldn't, since it's so easy to) then Kent Armstrong makes them custom for $90. I'm going to eventually have him build be a P90 style one to throw in there.
poop.

chille01

Damn you America, and your fear of international shipping.  If you can even call Canada "international".  Either way, Amazon won't process my order.  Probably for the best, considering I never even knew these existed before I saw this thread.  Impulse buy or what?

the diddler

Fedex just dropped mine off about an hour ago.  Goddamn- shit's pretty tight.  Nice neck and frets, need to adjust the action a bit but that's to be expected.  Sounds good through the practice amp, though the 3-way tone switch doesn't realy provide a whole lot of perceptible variation.  I might take this to my new band's show tonight (our 2nd, 1st was last night) and run it through the full rig, at least at soundcheck. 

eyeprod

CV - Slender Fungus

the diddler

Yo Robert- what's up?  The new band is me on guitar, Don on bass, and Lupe on drums- she plays in Sugar Sugar Sugar also, they may have come through your neck of the woods a time or two.  We're calling it Swayze, not sure why- I wanted to call it Horsecock Warlocks, but that didn't get very far.

eyeprod

cool man, I love the shugs. They stayed at my place once and we also played a show with them another time. Lupe is a hot drummer. glad to hear you've got a fun band going.
CV - Slender Fungus

Lumpy

Are these heavy? I heard they were kinda heavy (I might be confused)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

LogicalFrank

This thread, in a roundabout way, led to me trading my old Ibanez ST-50 for an aluminum neck Kramer and as such is one of my favorite threads ever. However, I still want to buy one of these in white.

Jake

Quote from: Lumpy on March 20, 2011, 01:07:03 AM
Are these heavy? I heard they were kinda heavy (I might be confused)

The lucite ones are very heavy, but these wood-bodies ones are around 7.5 lbs. Can't wait for this to get delivered. I had it shipped to my work, so it'll be Monday.
poop.

Jake

This is easily one of the best cheap guitars I've ever owned. I'm gonna hold off on giving a full review until the honeymoon phase wears off, but dang, I'm all about this thing right now.
poop.