Any Theremin playeds in the house?

Started by spookstrickland, August 12, 2015, 04:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spookstrickland

I was at a kick ass Zep tribute concerte this weekend and the guy had a Theremin like Page played.  I would sure like to pick one up but all i can find online are uber exspensive giant ones or fly by night looking companies selling shit built out of radio shack project boxes.  Anyone know of an affordable but not a piece of shit theremins that will alow me to get my Zep on?
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Submarine

You might want to look at Moog's Theremini.
It looks and plays like a theremin but it's really a programmable synth.  You get the Classic sound + much more and you can program scales rather than just being chromatic.

mortlock

ive dabbled a little. i have an echo theremin thats pretty cool.  

Pissy

A guy I know from a past life, mounted a theremin to his bass.  Had the antennae retract inside the body.  Kinda cool.
Vinyls.   deal.

spookstrickland

Thanks guys those are really cool theremins....i lime the idea of building one into a guitar that is really cool.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Baltar

I had the HiWatt, totally pulled out R2-D2 sounds and the digi delay in it was pretty good sounding. The only bummer was it only had an 1/4 output jack, so you can't use it in-line like a pedal. You would need a separate amp or an inst switcher.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

spookstrickland

Quote from: Baltar on August 31, 2015, 01:00:43 PM
I had the HiWatt, totally pulled out R2-D2 sounds and the digi delay in it was pretty good sounding. The only bummer was it only had an 1/4 output jack, so you can't use it in-line like a pedal. You would need a separate amp or an inst switcher.

Those hiwatt theremin s are nice!
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org