Post your "MTV Style" music videos.

Started by CID Vicious, March 25, 2015, 05:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CID Vicious

As the title says...doesn't have to be up to the par Die Antwoord's videos are, but should be "MTV Style", or not just a single cam unedited live clip. Nor just a photo of your album cover.

Figured hell, I did most of mine while living out of a car or worse...folks that have a little more to work with probably have some as well.

If you do have live footage that's unedited more or less, feel free to start a thread on that...unfortunately I have little to contribute on that front as yet.

I'll post my 4, in order from oldest to newest. First off, Mettaya's "Injustice Is Served"

Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual
You're just a face in the crowd!

Welcome to America,
Say goodbye to your rights!
(Yeah, right!)
They crept up behind them
And slit their throat left to right!

- Mettaya, "Welcome To America"

CID Vicious

Next up, my Sabbathy "fuck work" current recorded "Mastur-piece" :D

Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual

Welcome to America,
(Yeah, right!)

CID Vicious

This vicious little Industrial Punk number not only features Bill Hicks on "megaphone" but has lyrics courtesy of the fine folks at the US Army. My buddy signed up for Iraq and came back with this cadence...still think they're Gung Ho to "protect our freedoms"?

CONSIDER THE IRONY: my Snowden-laced video has."locked links" (a padlock shows up in the URL field) & I've tried two links that both work when plugged into the URL field. Mayhaps I struck a nerve? ;-)

Link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n_H6xkJ30D8
Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual

Welcome to America,
(Yeah, right!)

CID Vicious

Latest but not least, I ditched the gif heavy style of the previous videos and went for real footage. I used to be a pro extra back in the day, mostly music videos. So I took what I'd gleaned on set and applied it to my DIY ethic...mostly enforced by poverty amd a lack of help

I was ass-on-ground homeless during this shoot. While working on Heroes, I wander outside of the Seaside Safeway to check on my dog. I notice the light is strange, and walk out past the shadow of the building to see that the controlled burn at the Army base is going on..
what an opportunity to do a vid for Radiation Sunshine!

Not bad considering that I had to spit the lyrics in time with no playback from memory, while having tp self-cinematograph. Once the burn was over, the opportunity would vanish...

This is a more Grungy Rock project than the previous efforts. I call this project Radiosmack.

Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual

Welcome to America,
(Yeah, right!)