Jericho

Started by neighbor664, November 27, 2011, 04:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neighbor664

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(TV_series)

Was anyone else here  a fan of this? I don't recall the show when it was on but recently watched every episode on Netflix.

The second season particularly struck a chord with me. Would you be ready and willing to take up arms to defend your town?

I'm curious to check out the "season 3" comics.

bitter

I've seen bits and pieces from syfy's re-run of the series. I could never get into it, but may try again now that its on netflix. I like watching falling skies 1st season and dig the walking dead now that it's found a rhythm, but I wonder why this post-apocalypse show never really caught on? Must have been due to the fact it was on CBS.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

neighbor664

I think it's political tone is what insured its short life. Humanizing terrorist? A big no no post 9/11. The second season's focus on patriots taking their country back from corrupt corporate controlled government surely didn't bode well with the ptb.

bitter

I didn't catch those undertones. Either I didn't see enough episodes or I was too interested in her...

:P tasty
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Beerjerk

I watched every episode on Netflix last summer and liked it. They never ended it and I heard that they're closing off the story in an upcoming novel, which I won't be interested in reading.

Andrew Blakk

Just saw this one on Netflix. Acctually not bad at all! It really had it's moments.

Too bad they didn't finish it...  :'(

JemDooM

I started this recently, was almost put off by the barf worthy moments of cheesy music loudly mixed over the bits where the 'community comes together ahhhhh', its like dawsons creek but with bombs....

seriously though its quite good in a shit kind of way, will keep watching until the non end, what a waste of my time, and yet yeah, its still kinda good.....
DooM!

agent of change

Quote from: JemDooM on May 30, 2014, 09:00:01 AM
seriously though its quite good in a shit kind of way
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

JemDooM

Just watched episodes 8 & 9, it gets better!
DooM!