THOR

Started by mortlock, May 08, 2011, 10:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

the next piece in the puzzle on the way to the avengers movie..
i liked it alright..not the best marvel movie but not the worst either..

Isabellacat

oooooh,Avengers. but yea i've heard Thor is okay. my cousin told me if you liked Iron Man,you'll like this.

kinda sick of superhero movies tho.... sounds fun to collect on DVD but i dunno.

my favorite comicbook movie is Tank Girl lol.

Jor el

Enjoyable - a little too much back and forth across the rainbow bridge.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Lumpy

I was never interested in Thor comic books ("Dost thou mock me, vassal?!" or whatever, GTFO). Worth seeing at the theater anyway? I'm skeptical.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Jor el

I never read Thor either.
I do recall the shitty 'cartoon.'

I altered my brain and went to a cheap matinee.
I'd say it's just "okay."
What Would Scooby Do ?

GodShifter

I never could get into Thor comics either, though lord knows I tried. The whole Robert Blake or whatever his name was and the hammer thing was utterly confusing to me.

Edit: uh, guess it was Donald Blake.

MikeyT

The comic ruled back in the 60's... but then again, just about every Marvel book was solid at the time.

Still haven't seen the film, but I'd like to.

To Me, My Hammer!

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

Mr. Poopypants

For some reason I never got into comoc book movies, with a few exceptions such as Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, and now Thor. I watched it on DVD, and I really liked it. My only complain is that they should have had Amon Amarth, Einherjer, or some Viking black metal band on the sound track.

MikeyT

Ha, ha. Good idea.

Lumpy

Does he smash the shit out of a taxi, ripping the car in half? Any good action with the hammer?

MikeyT

Still haven't seen this one, but just saw Thor:The Dark World at the dollar theater for 75 cents.
Not great but I dug it. I'd call it a 7 or 7.5.

Was a little late & missed the opening. Thinking about going back tonight so I can see the whole thing.

Love Natalie Portman... liked most of the other actors. Tom Hiddleston is a strong Loki.

Lumpy

Bump. I've seen both Thor movies now, and I really don't give a fuck. I was checking my watch, 30 minutes into Thor 2. I just don't give a shit about the half-assed take on mythology, the "portals in time", the mostly boring battle scenes, spaceship chases, etc. It's a bunch of bullshit. Natalie Portman and the supporting cast are the best things about these movies. Thor himself is rather boring. I'm just not a Thor fan though.

mortlock

^clearly.. ;) never would have guessed..