Whaa? Acoustic made guitar amps?

Started by RacerX, February 27, 2011, 06:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

Loud and clean. Good amps... talk him down a wee bit.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justJon

Oh, hell yeah! Can't think of any "names" off the top of my head that used them, the way JPJ, Jaco, etc are associated with the bass amps, but back in the day, My first power trio, the bass player played a 371, and the guitar player had a 450(?) head, w/ the 2x15 guitar cab with a huge horn on top, whatever model that was. Loud, clean, took FX like anything!

That one is essentially the combo version of my/Sven's rig, with reverb. And maybe a little less power.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

hayseed

I just traded a '78 220 head and a 73' 406 1x18 for a '80 Sunn Coli 300 and a '68 Sunn 2x15. Most of the early 70's Acoustic gear was sold to be used for guitar or bass. Believe it or not , I read that my 1x18 406 was sold to be played using a bass or a guitar. My Fender acoustic sounded great through that amp and it was very clean.  If you talk to some of the "old timers" that were gigging heavy in the 70's, they swear by these amps!

They did obviously  have amps meant for a guitar just like the one you found. Not bad, but the bass gear in my opinion is their forte'.
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Metal and Beer

$240 is a good price, that thing's probably gonna fetch six bills in a few years' time.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

hayseed

Quote from: Metal Dave on February 28, 2011, 04:21:29 AM
$240 is a good price, that thing's probably gonna fetch six bills in a few years' time.

^^^ No doubt on that! You can thank Guitar Center for making that name popular again. The old stuff is so solid, I hope the new stuff lives up to the name.
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC