Main Menu

Double Bass Pedal

Started by Dr. Skeeter, November 13, 2013, 10:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Skeeter

Drummers, i'm looking into buying a double bass pedal in the next few weeks. What do you think the best one to buy for a beginner would be? Also, any tips/tricks/informative videos that helped you learn how to play double bass would also be cool.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mutantcolors

I once explained, to this god awful terrible drummer, that it was "just like running." He went on to be terrible some more, but then he would publicly announce to people that i taught him everything he knows. That was a little embarrassing.

I always played the Pearl Eliminators. Those or Iron Cobras are 6 one, half dozen the other, it's down to feel at that point.

Bro. Righteous

Iron Cobra - yeah, durable, good punch and affordable.
I went thru the double-bass kick phase for a few years, but much happier now getting back old-school
on the single kick again - besides my foot is righteous as it is  ;D
I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

Dr. Skeeter

Iron Cobra it is then. That's the one I was planning on getting. I also had a friend tell me it was just like running. Also, I have no real interest in breakneck speed double bass, but more like Celtic Frost type stuff and patterns.

VOLVO)))

I used the slower Incantation material to learn how to do that mid-paced double bass stuff. Oath of Armageddon was one I played a lot.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Dr. Skeeter

Fuck yeah dude I was just listening to that and thinking that. Early autopsy, winter too.

agent of change

Try playing everything with your left (or other?) foot that you would normally play with your right (main?) foot. Gotta build up those muscles and train the new foot to move the way you'd like.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

Andrew Blakk

My drummer uses an Iron Cobra as well and he's damn pleased with it. Talks about it all the time lol...

mutantcolors

Play everything with your left foot - yes.
Adjust your hat pedal so it is side by by side with the slave kick pedal - yes.
Focus on achieving the same power with both feet - yes.
Everything has to be R L R L - no.
Move your hat pedal out of the way - fucking no.