Main Menu

Promoting your band

Started by bbottom, December 10, 2013, 11:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

Since we play heavy fuzzed out stuff.... like most people here...... I'm curious as to how you guys go about it

Lately I've been kicking it into overdrive, trying to get the word out about my band Mass Driver ( https://www.facebook.com/massdriverband ) by sending out cds and MP3's to radio/internet stations. I've also been in contact with some of the local music rags and stores. On top of this I've been doing the usual internet stuff.

What am I missing?

mortlock

play live as much as possible.

JemDooM

Loads of guys say it here, bandcamp is awesome!

Hook up with other good bands, there is strength in numbers ;)
DooM!

bbottom

Quote from: AgentofOblivion on December 11, 2013, 04:42:55 PM
Lower expectations?  Worked for me.

ha ha

Thanks guys I totally forgot about bandcamp

liquidsmoke

A WI musician who's been in the game for many years told me his band uploaded their music on torrent sites. Makes sense if you are just trying to be heard.

MichaelZodiac

Maybe but these days I -as a music fan- value streaming a whole lot, being able to fully hear something before I purchase. Bandcamp is then definitely the way to go. You can even include buying stuff on there so it's readily available.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

lordfinesse

Billy Squier 24/7

eyeprod

I don't even bother anymore other than very basic occasional stuff. Success is relative. Being social seems to help.

Really not sure what we'll do with the recordings we're working on. I like having cool merch, but I don't want to be a salesman or turn my fun time into a business. Play live.
CV - Slender Fungus

Mr. Foxen

Start an internet feud with a band with a bigger following. It requires not sucking to work though. Most free promotional methods do.

spookstrickland

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on December 12, 2013, 09:25:40 PM
Start an internet feud with a band with a bigger following. It requires not sucking to work though. Most free promotional methods do.

Oh man band feuds are so not worth it. 
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org