The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

April will be peddle-board month i guess

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

My Tae Kwon Do experience is invaluable here.

Just kidding, I never took Tae Kwon Do.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Is that your guitar rig?  Nicely organized. Obviously use an effects looper. Did know you had a Super Lead.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

I really enjoy certain uses of spoken word clips in music. Astronaut radio chatter in 35007, AlexRedGiant's schizophrenic friend ranting in "Ring of the Acid Pope", YOB, etc.

I want to find some obscure podcast I can pillage for audio chatter in the background of the bullshit I record. If anybody has any recommendations I'll give you 50% of the proceeds from the millions of dollars I'll make from my recording career

Lumpy

What kind of chatter? I recommend YouTube, it's kind of searchable. There are websites you can use to download the files (or just press play and record). I don't think you need to worry about fidelity too much for this purpose.

mortlock

Im starting to get super bummed that my band is shut down for now. Sucks not being able to jam. Even when i smashed my pelvis we werent down long. Id get dropped off. Crutch into the jam room and sit down to play. Im sure im not the only one but fuck me. Worst part is no end in sight.

renfield

Quote from: Lumpy on April 10, 2020, 11:28:44 PM
What kind of chatter? I recommend YouTube, it's kind of searchable. There are websites you can use to download the files (or just press play and record). I don't think you need to worry about fidelity too much for this purpose.

Youtube was my first thought too. I really don't know what sort of content I want. Something in another language might be good. I looked up an audio version of Herodotus but the guy reading it is kinda cheesy, not the vibe I'm looking for.

RAGER

I'm working on something with my SP 404 where I've sampled some of this guys dialogue along with some of synth loops. Might not be what you're into but it is interesting nonetheless.

I also did some stuff with number station recordings like this one. I'll see if I can't find it but check this out. Bunch of this stuff out there.

No Focus Pocus

neighbor664

Now is the time for us all to ponder work out all the bugs of internet jamming. I am already starting to see posted collaborations and jams  done on Zoom Meetings and Streamyard. I plan to give it a go in the next couple days. Added bonus for me is that any knowledge gained may be applicable to my work if I ever get to do that again.

RAGER

Agghhh. Can't find it but here's a snippet from a few years ago on my dumb Instagram doing something similar.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHyFKihhTBc/?igshid=hk5tgs6xe42r
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Have you seen that website where you can hire celebrities (using that term loosely) to do things like call your friend on their birthday, etc? Maybe hire one of those people to read the text you like? Some of them are shockingly cheap.

https://www.cameo.com/

RAGER

Santa will do it for 10 bucks. I mean it is the offseason.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

All really cool ideas, I appreciate it. Your checks are in the mail.

I could also just read something myself and like pitch shift my voice or something so it doesn't sound idiotic.

Muffin Man

Hey is that BeatBuddy, can you load/save your own sounds? I'm actually looking at the Aeros first.

Muffin Man

Quote from: Lumpy on March 30, 2020, 05:22:03 PM
My Tae Kwon Do experience is invaluable here.

Just kidding, I never took Tae Kwon Do.

I used to have a, I think they call them, 50-watt metal panel early 70's. It was all tuned up by a pro. Pretty good but not the best for me although I prolly needed the proper 4x12/cones, didn't have. But whatever

RAGER

Fucking love my old Marshall and my old Orange but man do they sound different. Here's a side by side. Marshall first. Boogie rock.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqDmQzWh1ML/?igshid=qm6so5grmdye

Also here's my office rig today.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

I love les pauls. My guitar player had one..rare left handed model and sold it to buy christmas presents. He mostly plays cheap guitars but he has an sg that he bought in the early 90s that is awesome but for some reason he never plays it. Ill never understand him. 

renfield

Quote from: RAGER on April 18, 2020, 02:49:28 PM
Fucking love my old Marshall and my old Orange but man do they sound different. Here's a side by side. Marshall first. Boogie rock.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqDmQzWh1ML/?igshid=qm6so5grmdye

Also here's my office rig today.

That's a nice groove man \m/

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

Muffin Man

Toasty and Roasty!

My small amps were the worst, absolute dragons. Still 100 Watt Wins!

Muffin Man

GET THE RAT

Pissy

headstock repair on that les paul?   I have a 77 SG with the same.  If the house burns down and the fam is safe, I'm going back in to get it. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus