Post the most recent song(s) you've written & recorded..

Started by Isabellacat, July 31, 2011, 06:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

everdrone

good stuff!

Here is my recording I finished this week, it is modern melodic downtuned rock:

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/earthalliance/2014-10-07-heavy-melodic-modern-rock[/SOUNDCLOUD]

For this song I used 3-finger fingerpicking on my bass guitar.  I usually use a pick and I do not notice much sonic difference really.  but 3-finger is fun so I will prolly keep doing it :)

RacerX

"Black 'n Blues", a 12-string acoustic blues instrumental...

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/alan-47/black-n-blues[/soundcloud]

Livin' The Life.

Dinx

Still needs a lot of mixing work... but thats the latest

- Bass is still too loud
- Real drums to be recorded

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/dinko-bakic/roadking-song-14-demo-mix3[/soundcloud]

Corey Y

I attempted to sort of "speed write" a song with improvising tonight. Recorded really quickly, in between putting things in and out of the oven while cooking dinner. I picked a tempo and a few drum beats, improvised on bass and then swapped everything around in different orders to find a cool arrangement. I went back and punched in a  couple little riffs to transition, that's it. Not really a finished song, it's just drums and bass, but just kind of a quick experiment. Only about a half hour put into the whole thing collectively. If anyone is interested in recording some guitar tracks for it, I'd be down to collaborate for fun.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/corey-y/2014-10-27a[/soundcloud]

jibberish

time to catch up again. 

everdrone, you are a machine. the quad tracked doom tune is really cool. crazy overall tone to it, not just the rhythm part.
you really are sounding pro, even just whipping stuff out. all these experiments are very nice.

diddler's would be another band to see live.
dinx has a nice tune. I didn't think the bass was bigger than the guitar. are you the guitar player? they always want the guitar too big in the mix haha

all this shit is good. that little slide, racer, was too cool.

everdrone

Corey Y - cool bassline, I dig the menacing growly tone!
Quote from: jibberish on October 28, 2014, 08:23:42 AM
time to catch up again. 

everdrone, you are a machine. the quad tracked doom tune is really cool. crazy overall tone to it, not just the rhythm part.
you really are sounding pro, even just whipping stuff out. all these experiments are very nice.

Thanks my friend jibberish, I really appreciate this!  Thanks for the listen, I gotta keep it up.  cheers!!! :D

Bro. Righteous

How do you fuckers post tunes over 10000KB - seems as maximum attachment size allowed?
I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

RacerX

We have Sasquatch force-fit them.

But seriously, upload them to Soundcloud & post the link.
Livin' The Life.

Dinx

Quote from: jibberish on October 28, 2014, 08:23:42 AM
time to catch up again. 

diddler's would be another band to see live.
dinx has a nice tune. I didn't think the bass was bigger than the guitar. are you the guitar player? they always want the guitar too big in the mix haha

all this shit is good. that little slide, racer, was too cool.

yes. Im the guitar player. I usually do everything on the recording, except the studio drums, my bandmembers learn the tracks afterwards.

Cursed71

black

That's the business there, liquidsmoke!
Really dig it.
Fuzzy, thick, Doomy and well paced.
The mix is boss as well.
I bet y'all kill live with material like that.

Looking forward to checking it out again with the lights dimmed and my head lit up.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

jibberish

that was really good liquid.

black would have bummed if we were listening to that live and I was standing next to him
I think I might have lost control and threw my beer straight up in the air somewhere starting about 3:10

liquidsmoke

Thanks for listening. Haven't played out live yet but hope to in the next couple of months.

Submarine

I spent the day listening to crap music that VH1 is about unleash on the world.  I needed to know that the underground is still alive and well.

RacerX - Black N Blues - nice work, love the room tone.  It makes it more bluesy. Glass slide?

Dinx - Oct 26  post: I don't think the bass is too loud and you have got some sophisticated arrangement ideas.  Real drums are always better but these are not bad. 
Oct 31st post -  you really do have an ear for arrangements. 

Liquid Smoke - How did you get that sound?  its got a razor sharp quality but its heavy and mean at the same time.  Super cool.

RacerX

liquidsmoke: I concur—very good stuff.

And now, since you have found the tone you've been questing for, maybe you can cut down on the annoying questions? ;)

Submarine: thx; it is a glass slide. I generally use glass on the acoustic guitars and brass for resonator & electric.
Livin' The Life.

Mr. Foxen

Did a live recording because needed something with new guitarist. He totally dimed my OTR after sound check:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/oli-foxen/live-at-the-gryphon-15-nov-2014[/soundcloud]

jibberish

the natural reverb in that live thing by foxen is nice. sounds like a decent sized room. does the guitar player have a wah pedal half closed  to get that rounded tone?

omlet, your tune is screaming at me to add creepy pipe organs and synth.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: jibberish on November 22, 2014, 10:51:16 AM
the natural reverb in that live thing by foxen is nice. sounds like a decent sized room. does the guitar player have a wah pedal half closed  to get that rounded tone?

Room is tiny and wedge spaced but back wall is very disrupted with bar, and a half box thing that looks into the bar below, and doorways. Mics were up high which lost a lot of mid from the bass, but plenty from guitar due to up facing speaker on my Trace cab. Guitarist has no wah, loads of other pedals though, plus Orange is baxandall tone stack so middly inclined.

jibberish

quite the unintentional effect. it sounds like a big room even after listening to some of that clip again. wild.

eyeprod

CV - Slender Fungus

Andrew Blakk

A friend of ours came by our rehearsal space in march and helped us record this one duringa weekend. Now a couple of months later :D the mix + mastering is done.
It's not the best nor the worst we ever released but it's ok at least! The guitar sound is a bit strange perhaps but that's my fault not his!  :D

https://ponamerosundown.bandcamp.com/track/blood-feud-2014

And someone was nice enough to post it on YT as well.