The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

Quote from: Lumpy on February 14, 2021, 01:59:49 AM
Did Wyllie make the etched pedals, kind of dome shaped maybe? They were beautiful.

Indeed he did! one was called the Moon Rock.

RAGER

Quote from: Muffin Man on February 13, 2021, 11:27:22 PM
Ranger, you were right about the Isla but I might get lucky if an email comes this week or next.

That thing is impressive. If I was gassing for synth gear I'd buy one. A steal at the introductory 900. Damn! 
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Indeed, all indications point to a winner. I'll try to make some boom bap stoner with it. I never even heard the term boom bap until last year so will be a real mashup or something. As soon as it gets here I'll give it a whirl and post.

RAGER

I see a shipment hit NY about a week ago then customs so should be on its way. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with it.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Right, okay good. Some guy that ordered in March hadn't got his email as of yesterday but even though I'm September it's sure to be in port or, by now?, on-site at their build bench in FL. I mean, mine was on the boat because "the big man" said all orders on backorder will be fulfilled in this batch. And as you said, "the boat has arrived". I'm kinda excited to see if I can operate the thing. haha.

RAGER

Let me know if you don't love it.

Cascadia represent! 

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

These voids havin a blast with SP 404's.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I can get with that. Tajima hal is on Tidal, got it streaming. Some kinda chill lounge or something. My Mt Everest in this category is live Portishead.

mortlock

Dave mustaine is with gibson/kramer now. Good to see kramer getting some exposure.

Muffin Man

renfield

Bandmates were condescending to me today over a point of music theory that they ended up being wrong about. I'm not normally sensitive about this sort of thing but I can't let it go for some reason  :o

Lumpy

Sarcasm is always effective. But hopefully they're your friends. But you can also needle your friends.

Since you can credibly double on guitar and bass, odds are pretty decent that you're the best musician in the band.

Everybody is super stressed out in general now, so probably you are too.

Maybe you should write a new song that features that point of music theory, and every time you get to those parts you look at them and be like "uh huh, yeah."
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Muffin Man

Sounds like they need a band leader. I'd set that shit straight pronto. Oh, it's fun for a minute, but then let's get to work...

;D

mortlock

Bandmates suck. Im at a serious crossroads in my musical life. This past year is the longest ive gone without playing with people since ive been 19. Im 52 now. I cant wait to get back at it but im not sure exactly what i want. I would like to resurect an old band but i dont think the other guys are down. Ill probably pick up where i left off but after a year off, the things i was less satisified with outweigh the things i was really happy with. 

RAGER

I really wonder if I'll ever be in a band again.  I would really have to want to play out.  But yeah bandmates can suck.  I've always preferred to keep them at a minimum.  2 or 3 piece.  That's it.  You gotta play something and haul gear.  No lead singers.  No fukn way.

I'm curious what you guys were arguing about as far as theory goes.  If it sounds good who cares about the theory.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

I love playing out and hauling gear doesnt bother me. I was only playing 4 or 5 shows a year so it wasnt a big deal. I need to get back at it asap because im not in good playing shape anymore. I can hardly wait to see how sore im going to be after my first 2 hour jam back at it. I havent stood for 2 hours since the pandemic hit let alone with a bass strapped around my shoulder.

Muffin Man

we need that build-out. 2-18 pieces who cares

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Submarine

Quote from: RAGER on March 13, 2021, 10:55:23 AM
I really wonder if I'll ever be in a band again.  I would really have to want to play out. 

This hits hard.

Muffin Man

Boo-hoo geezers. I've been skeeming to build a live venue for the past few years. A bar, small caddilac (quality sound mix) venue 50 cap with foqua on sex, drugs, and alcohol. Mix and match.

renfield

Quote from: mortlock on March 13, 2021, 10:34:26 AM
Bandmates suck.

These are honestly good guys, and I consider myself fortunate to play music with them. But what you say holds true regardless.

Muffin Man

Whats that book 5 kinds of love or something. Bassists aer usually the problem for me - double edge though because they can do wonders. (as a guitar player)  I loved my #1 drummer though. That fucker was tits. You have to have someone that will put up with you and your quirks. Drummers are best at that.

RAGER

My best friend of 20 years is a bass player. We've never played in a band together.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

I didnt realize its been 20 years already. Where does the time go.