The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerX

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Livin' The Life.

Pissy

not my bag jibby, but have at it.

Might I suggest LiPo batteries. They have no fluid , are smaller and lighter and pack a bigger punch. Abrupt drop off instead of steady decline. They require smart charging and cell monitoring to do so (specialty charger) but are far superior to sealed lead acid. You can get them in a 9.6v configuration (3 cells I think). They can charge really fast too. Some upwards of 65 C.
Vinyls.   deal.

jibberish

Quote from: Pissy on March 30, 2016, 08:13:05 AM
not my bag jibby, but have at it.

Might I suggest LiPo batteries. They have no fluid , are smaller and lighter and pack a bigger punch. Abrupt drop off instead of steady decline. They require smart charging and cell monitoring to do so (specialty charger) but are far superior to sealed lead acid. You can get them in a 9.6v configuration (3 cells I think). They can charge really fast too. Some upwards of 65 C.

I will study new technology.  maybe elon musk has what i'm looking for heh. also the price and long term lasting ability have to be considered.

too many rigs are too noisy. once I get past this silent supply thing I am going to look into in-line filtering along the signal path thru a pedal chain.
some pedals make their own noise(pharaoh supreme for example) and the next buffer strengthens it and so on, so it has to be attenuated somewhere early on.

********************************************************************************************************************************

ALERT:  harbor freight has those furniture dollies on sale for $8. I just grabbed 6 more. plus used a super-coupon to score a nice glass bathroom scale for like $12 ANNND my freebie LED flashlight. BOOYAH! scavenger points scored. Everything in the music room will eventually be on wheels

jibberish

ehhhhhhh  ["dismissing wave of the hand" goes here] pedal power is small potatoes.
Imma start working on an array of tent/lanai deals with solar panels for the roofs that can power a generator-less desert jam. well at least during the day..
haha.

anyway.....

in other news:  So much wood results in getting even MORE wood. It's magic or something.

these just happen to be the 2 whipping boys du jour, and those 2 guitars in my little POS woodsy woods stands looked really nice.
I just need Jethro Tull's turntable from "Songs From the Wood"

jibberish

it's hard to hate on Gibson after watching that.

I wonder who's RF ID system they use to track those necks? That was what I was involved with when I worked for the electronics mfr.
tThat overall place is basically the same as every other production place, and I was in tons of them supporting my product line.
I was the product mgr so when the shit hit the fan, I had to ultimately clean it up, or if there was trouble closing a sale, I had to go out there and try to help out.etc etc etc
anyway, that is a big part of why I don't care to travel any longer.

agent of change

We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

mortlock

Quote from: agent of change on April 01, 2016, 08:41:45 PM
Our band was just named #13 in best Asheville bands on Invisible Oranges. Pretty stoked.

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/17-bands-you-need-to-know-from-asheville-nc/?trackback=fbshare_mobile_top
thats awesome.i got a kick out of the descriptions.

NEOCRUST = whats up with the crust
SPACECRUST = more crust
BRUTECORE = sounds gay like brometal
SPACETHRASH = probably cool
CAVE METAL = sounds cool
SLEAZY SLUDGE = no clue what the sleazy means here
METALLIC CRUST - even more crust
DSBC (Depressive Suicidal Black Crust) = best crust of all

who comes up with this stuff??

mortlock

i feel like you guys should have been higher on the list.

jibberish

I agree

Quote from: mortlock on April 01, 2016, 10:52:20 PM
i feel like you guys should have been higher.

as far as who comes up with this, I bet they are fun to party with.

I came up with a name for a brootal hardcore country band: Chiggerface

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Danny G

STUFFED CRUST

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

jibberish

then there is thee more massive and even huger than huger pizza:

EARTH'S CRUST !!!!!

agent of change

Lotta crust in Asheville. Whatever that is. They "dress" the same and can't play their instruments that well.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

black

After checking out the other bands in that article I too belive y'all should be placed at the top.
Really cool stuff.
At least Radiant Beings of Light hold the Number 1 spot for Sexiest Band.

also;

Chiggerface is a brilliant name!
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

agent of change

jibberish

WOW!!!!!

Santana is getting his whole original lineup back together to make albums.

that keyboard player was every bit as key to the early success of Santana as Santana was

the conversations between those 2 during songs was some of the most brilliant music I have ever heard.
I still play the shit out of Santana albums maybe more than any other band these days. it was so brilliant.

zachoff

This Saturday!!!  Ancient Tools' first show at the Streets of London Pub!  Super excited.  It's been almost three years since playing live.

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

jibberish

Quote from: Lumpy on April 03, 2016, 10:40:33 PM
"Ancient Tools"  :D

what a beautiful segue into what I was going to rant about: this old guy band thing

somehow, some way, "Nitro Methusela and the 4 Barrel Fossils" (or whomever) has to
establish the new ground rules for rock n roll 2016.
establish the rock of ages as the norm.
it has to be done.

pleistonercene music

"play" "stoner" "scene" music     ...ahhhh of course, that's what the ancients wanted.  I get it.

I sure hope rock doesn't die like big band did.................

edit: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

hi widget. nice to hear from you. what do you have cooking these days?
maybe tour with monobrow some day !! yeah!!!

Danny G

Random pro tip:

If you join an established band, you are in no position to make demands.

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

mortlock

kinda depends if they recruited you or not.

RacerX

After our first bassist quit, Ramon basically volunteered his services outta the blue.

I suppose we could've treated him like a hired hand, but when he joined SANDIA MAN, Jon & I agreed to give him a full vote and the option to veto any decision, same as we do. Never regretted it.

That's just how we roll: as a team.

Livin' The Life.

Danny G

Being a team player is important. Previously mentioned individual is not acting like one.

mortlock

Quote from: Danny G on April 05, 2016, 07:10:17 PM
Being a team player is important. Previously mentioned individual is not acting like one.

spill the beans man. let me guess, your sax player is making demands. its always the sax players and drummers. they are like cats because cats are assholes. that's why they used to call jazz musicians 'cats'.