The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

I might get my Ocatatrack by Saturday.  So fucking stoked.
No Focus Pocus

Danny G

Officially switching to guitar for Bleu Edmondson Band.

Very stoked. First gig is this weekend in Houston. The drummer and his lady just had a baby so there will be no rehearsal...

Meeting with the guitar player for 2nd and 3rd time today and tomorrow to hash out parts and work on backing vocals.

This, with all the prep work I did for the Ocean of Stars gigs 23-24 and it now being RPM Challenge time has had me playing more guitar in the past few weeks that I have in the past few years \m/,

Feels good to be back.

I still love playing bass tho, don't get me wrong. Playing Saturday filling in with Eric Tessmer Band. But every other gig I have booked this month is on guitar. That hasn't happened in a long time!
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

giantchris

One of the bands I'm in (Hypnochron) is the local support for Karma to Burn/Sierra tour this Thurs in Chicago  :o

Danny G

First gig as a guitar player for Bleu Edmondson went awesome. #relieved

And the new bassist is great as well. Upon meeting him I liked him immediately. Great dude and great player.

Really excited about this now, and excited to be back as a guitar player.

Last night filling in with Eric Tessmer Band is/was the only gig I have booked this month as a bass player. And I am ok with that!

I love playing bass and always will, but lately it's been feeling very unchallenging. Stepping back from it will be good.
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

RAGER

Fuck I hate waiting for the UPS guy.  Piece of gear I'm getting today has to have a signature so here I sit here and wait when I could be downstairs jammin or out drinkin and eatin.  Makin patches and sequences on my dx7 upstairs close to the door so's I don't miss 'em.
No Focus Pocus

Corey Y

Quote from: RAGER on February 09, 2015, 03:41:54 PM
Fuck I hate waiting for the UPS guy.  Piece of gear I'm getting today has to have a signature so here I sit here and wait when I could be downstairs jammin or out drinkin and eatin.  Makin patches and sequences on my dx7 upstairs close to the door so's I don't miss 'em.

I always take package deliveries at work. The truck driver for every company sprints up to my door, rings the doorbell and sprints back to their truck. I've been walking past the door when the bell rang, opened it and seen the truck driving away more than once.

RAGER

It's gotta have a signature so if I miss him it'll be another day or 2 before I can pick it up.  Already been waiting near a week for a 3 day delivery time.  Saw FEDEX drive by the house today but.............ups
No Focus Pocus

Corey Y

Quote from: RAGER on February 09, 2015, 05:46:44 PM
It's gotta have a signature so if I miss him it'll be another day or 2 before I can pick it up.  Already been waiting near a week for a 3 day delivery time.  Saw FEDEX drive by the house today but.............ups

They're waiting for you to go take a dump before they knock once and take off.

mortlock

as I mentioned about short scale basses awhile back..i finally went to my local music store and checked out a fender mustang. I was shocked that it didn't seem to weigh much less than a jazz bass. at least not enough to make the switch worth it for my lower back issues..

RacerX

Because they're similar, I spent all weekend switching between open G & open D tunings, trading chord shapes & licks back & forth.
Livin' The Life.

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

RAGER

Command Center.  Been trying to spend time when i can wrapping my head around this Octatrack.

Got a couple modules in the mail yesterday so I'm only a couple months away from having  minimal but functional 2 oscillator modular synth.  Also got a Dj/producer backpack as my messenger bag I used for my laptop was wearing out.  This thing has a bunch of padded pockets and slips for gear and a separate pocket just for headphones.  It's pretty sweet.

No Focus Pocus

eyeprod

Good idea for a tube protector!

Nice bag, Rager. Looking forward to seeing the modular when it gets ready

Looks like I'm buying a korg DS8 tonight for 80 bucks. I've got a jam happening tonight that should be a good opportunity to try it out. I haven't had a FM synth in years. I hope it's functional so I can practice my latest skills with it.
CV - Slender Fungus

The Riffer

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

showdown

Album recording is done. Opening for Black Debbath next thursday, then I'm taking a break from touring/gigging for a couple of months. Got a stand-in guitar player for the band so I can concentrate on family/baby girl.

RAGER

Quote from: The Riffer on February 18, 2015, 08:24:17 PM
Holy Fuck Rager.

Yeah I know.  And a lot of it I'm still exploring.

And on that note, I think I'm gonna cut my drummer loose for a while.  I need more time woodshedding.  Hopefully when I'm ready to get back into it he'll be down.  Damn indecisive am I.
No Focus Pocus

neighbor664

RAGER

:D

My fingers are sore from playing my acoustic this morning for a half hour.  A freaking half hour.  That's how much I play guitar lately.  Sheesh.
No Focus Pocus

JemDooM

Sweet set up Rager ;))

Sounds like you deserve a rest showdown :)
DooM!

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: The Riffer on February 18, 2015, 08:24:17 PM
Holy Fuck Rager.

Second that, that is absolutely nutty, in all the right ways.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

RAGER

I know.  It's the mad scientist lab I've always wanted.

Enjoying some very dark times with my Octatrack and assorted gear tonight.
No Focus Pocus

Danny G

Played my LP Studio for a Bleu Edmondson gig for the first time in what may be 10 years.

Performance report: Needs a pro setup, action is a little funny after two headstock breaks.

Need to rewire it completely. Neck pickup volume rolled all the way back produces sound. Roll it forward, then the signal drops and volume knob works properly.

The volume roll off for bridge pickup was weird as well. But that may also be the pickup (currently an old Super Distortion, the Rio Grande BBQ which had been in it is now in my Paul Stanley Iceman).

As is, a worthy backup in case I break a string on the 79 Iceman. But I'll be fixing it back up for sure.

Corey Y

Quote from: RAGER on February 18, 2015, 06:32:30 PM
Command Center.  Been trying to spend time when i can wrapping my head around this Octatrack.

Holy crap dude, you're ready for launch.