The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on November 19, 2014, 07:50:09 PM
Quote from: eyeprod on November 19, 2014, 12:35:36 PMWe've been talking about a name.

Gonna have to do this too I guess.  Even though we were somewhat recently in a band together, I don't want to use that name anymore.  We've already been in several bands together so what's another one?  He won't want anything to do with the naming process which is good and bad.  Good because I won't have to contend with anybody else's stupid ideas and bad if all my ideas are stupid there won't be anybody to offer any good ones. :P
you can count on us to tell you if it sucks..

jibberish

yeah, we sure would. we're here for you every step of the way.

use glo blinken.

edit: where is mutant? I was just pondering Idaho as nice but too far north....he is going to help build a foam cement house on my desolate mountain.  the walls will be thick, and nearly soundproof.   generator jam will become a household word like it should be.

in the meantime, maybe next summer, take over the island in Baldwin lake in Berea and have a generator jam.
also could sneak some gear down from the top of whip's ledges. then carry it the rest of the way down and have someone bring the car from the top parking area down to the bottom. whip's would be some sick acoustics for a tripped out trance session
also, underneath the I-480 bridge in the park(right next to NASA and the airport, no one lives within a mile of this spot) the bridge is probably 80-100 feet up and it is a double 4-lane bridge. the acoustics under there, especially with the shale cliff along the one side is gigunda. like a gigunda cathedral  <---actually, that's the spot, yeah!!!!!!!

thx again for the help guys!

liquidsmoke

Playing live is intense. Sometimes it's awesome and other times it's not. Anxiety. Recording is different, I find it more exhausting in a  way, trying to play exactly perfect isn't all that fun but the end result, if it sounds good, makes the process worthwhile.

Cursed71

Amen.  Just finishing a recording project and it feels so much less magical than a good live show.  No less fun though, just a lot of wondering if it's any good, without enough feedback.  Fuck it.  Nothing better to do, haha.

agent of change

I judge how often I'm ready to play out by how sick I get of breaking down, setting up, breaking down and setting up my fucking drumset. There are so many live shows going on around here all the time it's hard to build name recognition and get more than ten or fifteen people to watch us play no matter where and when we play a gig. If there's more they're usually there for other bands and happen to stick around while we do our thing.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Cursed71 on November 20, 2014, 07:39:02 PM
Amen.  Just finishing a recording project and it feels so much less magical than a good live show.  No less fun though, just a lot of wondering if it's any good, without enough feedback.  Fuck it.  Nothing better to do, haha.

MC? EP? LP?

Cursed71

Yup.  I guess it would be an LP.  Not quite done, but almost.

MichaelZodiac

Being that my band just played their first 3 shows over a period of the past 3 weeks, I'd say that playing live is definitely very scary but also I learned a lot. We work as a 2 piece in a rehearsal space, live we need more. So we already played with a guitar player and are gonna work in a synth player in the month of december, rework our songs if needed be and keep writing. I also felt we were getting better at it so it wasn't as scary the last time. Would do again with more instruments.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Danny G

Looking at $1500 to fix the van. I don't have $1500, or access to $1500, nor will I anytime soon.

Feeling kinda fucked at the present moment.

#cantcatchafuckingbreak
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

RAGER

That sucks dude.  What is problem?  Sorry if you already explained it.
No Focus Pocus

Danny G

Something about a cylinder and vacuum issues. Firing on 7 now. Runs like dog shit. Guess I should just get used to it as I can't exactly sell it as is. This in addition to the $500 exhaust manifold leak which will prevent me from passing inspection when that comes up in April.
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

dogfood

Quote from: Danny G on November 21, 2014, 07:23:08 PM
Something about a cylinder and vacuum issues. Firing on 7 now. Runs like dog shit. Guess I should just get used to it as I can't exactly sell it as is. This in addition to the $500 exhaust manifold leak which will prevent me from passing inspection when that comes up in April.

FACK!
Problem solving whiskey!

jibberish

double ouch.   too bad you weren't around here.   we have the entire underground connection to get anything done with a vehicle, plus we have dogfood.
...and little microfiber blankets for little micro-dogs

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

dogfood

BTW, Jib,the little lady and I just went to Samurai Sushi so we were in your neck of the woods.  
Problem solving whiskey!

jibberish

Quote from: dogfood on November 21, 2014, 08:26:16 PM
BTW, Jib,the little lady and I just went to Samurai Sushi so we were in your neck of the woods.  

yep, the end of my street. hope dinner was nice.
too bad the best buy got rid of their little music department. that was handy being right there.  I did score those 3 guitars for cheap when they did, but I still miss just sliding down there for strings or w/e.   the Bruno bros store by 303 and I-71 blows. I went in there in the summer and it was very disappointing.

I need to check out royalton music(keep going east on 82 into the center of N royalton). other than that, GC up at great northern is it.

Danny G

This is feeling like insult to injury at this point. And I just landed a gig that I was under the impression would turn my financial situation around when it kicks in starting in the new year.

Nope.

neighbor664

Jake

They forgot the actual Step 1: Strip yourself of any taste and dignity.
poop.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Cursed71 on November 21, 2014, 10:57:52 AM
Yup.  I guess it would be an LP.  Not quite done, but almost.

Nice!

Omlet

Paid for the bass today. It should be here in about 2-3 days.

Finally I bought a Fernandes MB65 from 1980s.

RAGER

Just missed an Earthquaker Devices Bit Commander on CL.  Dammit! :'(
No Focus Pocus

fallen

What do you have to trade?

Treble boosters? auto wah? Delay? Jamman stereo?

Dylan Thomas

Just got my Ravish Sitar and Superego.  They are both super difficult to use in a different ways.  The Ravish is super, super complicated, like programming a synth.  It's pretty easy to use out of the box, though fine tuning it is a bitch, and incredibly time consuming.

The Superego is actually pretty simple, it just requires a different...frame of mind than traditional guitar effects.  It's really it's own thing, and makes playing the guitar a whole different experience.  You have to think in terms of "holds" and different layers and such.  It's a bit of a transition, and I'm having difficulties with it.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.