The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent of change

Quote from: RacerX on October 10, 2014, 02:46:05 PM
Dude, you're building a garage, right? Build you a custom music room in that fucker, instead. I'm sure you can figure out a new use for the "old" music room...
Different Agent

Sent from my anal chakra with 3rd degree Reiki
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

RacerX

Too many agents.

*shakes fist*

THANKS, OBAMA!
Livin' The Life.

jibberish

so I checked out karaoke on youtube.   there is a shitton.
I jammed out on a couple classic johnny cash tunes, and practiced my Halloween version of another tune until I roached my voice. that was fun

practicing hitting notes and timing is never a bad thing either.

AgentofOblivion

I AM building a jam room in the basement though.  I considered doing just that but am not sure I want all the instrument clutter in a room where the purpose is to hang out with guests.  It could be cool if done right though.  Decisions...

Danny G

Seeing how it sounds putting the wah at the front of my bass chain instead of at the back.

Verdict still out. Still have to dial it in every night, very finicky pedal (Snarling Dogs Whine-O wah, for guitar but using on bass as I've already broken two Bass Crybabys, which I liked)

Sounds diff but still same problem of its either TOO in your face or not in your face quite enough
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Danny G

That, and this happened en route to a gig in San Antonio Saturday night.

Adrian and the Sickness sprinter van at speed on I-35 just coming into the city.

There's a loud BANG and am impact. Thought it was a blown tire but then a car came skidding past us which had obviously tagged us trying to pass going well over the limit. We were kind of in shock as we watched him then muscle BETWEEN two cars ahead of us each in their respective lanes, and continued on at a high rate of speed.

We were too busy watching for the accident he was about to cause (but thankfully did not) to get a make or license #

Pulled over to survey the damage. Whole light enclosure is fucked, door hinges damaged as well.

Rolled into the venue and Adrian called the police to at least file a report for insurance purposes.

Cop was nice, tho not much he could do. Gave her his card in case we got pulled over after the show for the busted tail light. Managed to get one of them working so no problems.

Fuckin people.
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

liquidsmoke

That blows! I was almost hit by a van today on my way home from work, pulled out in front of me but I was only going 25.

liquidsmoke

So far playing guitar and NOT singing at the same time is a lot of fun and feels very freeing. Looking forward to getting these songs tightened up and gigging ASAP.

jibberish

^awwwww.   hahaha.   i will always be a fan of singing and playing. all my songs have fucked up lyrics so they have to be sung.

i wonder if any reggae band used the name "Nappy Dread" yet. seems too obvious to not have been used, BUT there is the name of my reggae band if i ever start one.

M&B, BTW, why do reggae haters have marley pics?
exodus is one of the best albums ever made. that is a perfect album too. need to amend that other thread. no loser tracks

Danny G

All my music (currently) is instrumental. I've sung lead in the past (meh at it) and sing harmony/backup in most bands I play in.

But not having to worry about singing/being in key/choking on your hair/etc is quite nice.

liquidsmoke

^ yes. I always had to tie back my hair or I'd overheat because of the effort and concentration I had to put into it. The nervousness didn't help either. Double duty is intense. I like singing but felt trapped behind the mic sometimes. This new band is just baritone and a drummer, just riffs.

Omlet

First band practice next monday. We even have a drummer and it's hard to find a drummer who want to play something other than thrash metal...

Well, my guitar skills are fucking miserable so now I'm rather nervous :D

liquidsmoke

I was curious about their empty guitar cabs and now I'm curious about their empty bass cabs. The price is right.

http://stores.ebay.com/CASE-OUTLET-GPA/Bass-Guitar-Speaker-Cabinets-/_i.html?_sop=2&_fsub=3417532017

RAGER

Got a call from the synth tech guy that I'm having the do the os update on my Prophet 600.  He says there is a CEM 3372 that is not calibrating correctly in the VCA section.  I say to order one and broke dick says he can't cuz he broke dick at the moment.  So I'll order one and put it in myself.  Daahhhh!  Picking it up on Sunday.  GliGli update is done though and should surpass the Prophet 5 and into Oberheim territory.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

You don't have a box of these laying around somewhere do ya Jib?
No Focus Pocus

jibberish

I WISH. those are worth more than germanium fuzz transistors by a shitton.

Omlet

I was close to trade my Vaptor for Caparison Angelus M3B but it wasn't a perfect deal for me. Especially because I own enough guitars and I fucking need that Ric...

Metal and Beer

Quote from: jibberish on October 14, 2014, 08:33:07 PM

M&B, BTW, why do reggae haters have marley pics?

On here specifically? I've only seen mine, and I assure you I'm no hater. I was a bit dismayed years ago at the backlash, I suspect jive turkeys like the beach junkies in Long Beach perhaps played a part in that, but in their defense they couldn't help being so....white ;)

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

jibberish

it seems like everyone here hates on marley.
have you ever jammed reggae? it's all about the bass. I made up one reggae song. little a minor thing, but it is fun to play. reggae is powerful shit.

also, in the day we followed I-tal all around n ohio and kent was sort of their home area. whole different groove at a reggae show. powerful shit. I really grew to like the genre between that and marley. I don't dig marley when he gets all religious mellow. so I am more into kaya (hey haha) and exodus than the really early stuff.

edit: been trying to get the keyboards going again. I think xmas carols may be the grease. I know the songs super cold, just like everyone else not in isis does. this lets me focus on chord articulation and making both fucking hands do what they are supposed to do and never mind what the other one is doing. feel like a tard tangled in a slinky sometimes

liquidsmoke

I'm by no means a big Marley fan but the stuff Lee Perry produced in I believe the early '70s is fantastic.
Play this on a stereo and bump the bass, it's nuts. And the music is really good.

RAGER

Prophet 600 is still in the shop.  May not be the IC in question but something about a DAC not calibrating or some Greek shit.  I'm super anxious to get it back because of the os/processor upgrade.  I kind of figured he might find something else wrong as I've noticed some glitches when playing it.  Hopefully it's soon.  Not like I don't have other stuff to entertain me. :P
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

anyone have an opinion on 12" speakers for bass??.
obviously 10s and 15s are the norm. had my eye on an eden 2x12 cab..

RAGER

Eden is bass stuff right?  Is the cab empty?
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

its this cab here. 15s are too woofy for the sound im going for. I like a tight punchy trebly bass sound..lots of highs and mids and growl. the 10s work well [my 4x10 ampeg is great], just trying to figure out if I should go with another 4x10 or it the 2x12 would give me something a little different while still retaining my core sound..