Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Super twin makes an awesome bass amp.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

the diddler

Ever sell that Beta lead?  I still haven't got a job, so....

VOLVO)))

I just realized i played that 800 at a mismatch, with bass, all cranked up, for like five hours and not even a hiccup.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Instant Dan

I never got the horror stories about the 800, they are hard to mess up unless you are just a gorilla with it.

Currently looking at saving up for another Japanese LP or save up a little more and get a Yanaha SG1000/2000 with no upgrades needed.

I plan to pick up either an VHT Special 6 Ultra or an Ampeg GVT15 for home recording stuff in the next month or so.

RAGER

I'd love to have an SBG.  I have a VHT Special 6 and love it.
No Focus Pocus

Corey Y

Getting ready to go tryout a drummer for a new band. I've got another that I'm waiting to hear back from and a couple guitarists that I'm scheduling jams with as well. I'm trying to restrain my excitement, since I've had a lot of false starts in the past few years with bands, but I'm optimistic.

liquidsmoke

Right on Corey.

I'm not sure if anything will come of it but a drummer friend wants to jam and I'm itching to get a more fuzzy instrumental 2 piece thing going with my baritone.

Danny G

Any Seattle peeps, I'm playing Tractor Tavern tonight on bass with Adrian and the Sickness, opening for Zeparella.

Played Dante's in Portland last night and was a blast.

Guess I should have put the word out I'm traveling for beers/meet up purposes before I actually left hahaha

#slipping

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

RAGER

Hey Danny, super sorry I didn't make it out last night.  I have a really big day going on at work today and I had to be on my game 110%.  Mucho dinero at stake and coming out of winter, I need it.

/lamestonerrockfriend
No Focus Pocus

Danny G

No worries man. Come out to Seattle. I feel more bad for you for missing the show ;)

Holy shit it was awesome. Good times!

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

the diddler

Have fun at the Tractor, Danny- wish I could make it out tonight.

Pissy

Last night played the 2nd night of a 3 night annual fest here in CLT.  Show start at 10:00, 5 bands.  We were last.  We barely got the set started off at last call.  Hate it when that happens.  We finished at 2:30.  Fun set though, just not many people left when we went on.
Vinyls.   deal.

Jake

Way to buck the usual "deadlining" curse.

Also, starting a five band bill at 10pm is not ideal – it leaves almost no margin for error, etc. You're lucky you got on at all!
poop.

Pissy

oh yeah, we were quietly critical of the concept from the moment we saw the schedule.  Venue was cool about our set though, let us play after they collected the drinks at 2:20. Our set is 35 minutes or so.  they thought we cut a song or two to fit, and we didnt tell them otherwise, but we didn't.
Vinyls.   deal.

liquidsmoke

Even 4 bands can be too many, like if you have to wait for the people in the restaurant upstairs to finish eating and can't start until 10:45. Grrrrrrr.

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

Jake

Heh. Go down to my friend Louis' bar in Kent. It's called the Stone Tavern. Great beer election and free rock shows. Tell him Jake says "hi."
poop.

Instant Dan

So after ordering an SG Special pickguard routed for P90's, I took the humbucking pickguard off my SG and realized the body would need to be routed in order to fit soapbar P90's and I really do not want to do that, back to square one. >:(

RacerX

Quote from: Instant Dan on May 26, 2014, 02:30:40 AM
So after ordering an SG Special pickguard routed for P90's, I took the humbucking pickguard off my SG and realized the body would need to be routed in order to fit soapbar P90's and I really do not want to do that, back to square one. >:(

Not exactly, but you could try these:

http://www.lollarguitars.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LGP&Product_Code=265&Category_Code=humbucker-pickups
Livin' The Life.

Instant Dan

I remember reading the review for them and the boomy thing concerns me.

I'll make a decision on the GFS Mean 90 or the BG Pure 90 in the next week or so as both are called 'as close you can get' humbucking P90's.

MichaelZodiac

Got a first show booked, it's in november so still a while to go but anyways, yay! We're gonna try and perform before that though since our set is almost tight.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

dogfood

Looks like a good venue, put it on the favorite menu.
Problem solving whiskey!

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

liquidsmoke

2x15 supposedly only 69 lbs. Damn. It's hard to imagine that a pair wouldn't destroy. They say they are tuned etc. Wondering how much they are going for used.