The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidsmoke

:D

These guys should be able to handle/split line level signals okay right?

mutantcolors

Don't see why not, the Morely I used to use worked great too.

RacerX

Quote from: RacerX on February 25, 2014, 02:46:23 PM
Quote from: AgentofOblivion on February 25, 2014, 02:03:26 PM
Just found an all original (aside from a cap job), super clean 1965 blackface Twin Reverb for $1200.  Includes original footswitch and amp cover.  I feel like I should buy this even if I just end up selling it the next day.  Who knows, maybe I'll fall in love?  The question:  is the price and quality such that this is an investment-worthy piece?

I don't see the actual ad, but just a heads up: 'round these parts there have been a bunch of ads for ridiculously cheap gear using gmail "reply to" addies, which result in spam marketing once contacted. Usually there are photos but no city or area of town listed.

Since this scam seems to be going on all over, here's one for example:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/msg/4344650338.html
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Quote from: liquidsmoke on February 27, 2014, 06:04:04 AM

I use one of these. Great little unit.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

"doom lawyers"

I hope this catches on.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

AgentofOblivion

Quote from: RacerX on February 27, 2014, 09:40:35 AM
Quote from: RacerX on February 25, 2014, 02:46:23 PM
Quote from: AgentofOblivion on February 25, 2014, 02:03:26 PM
Just found an all original (aside from a cap job), super clean 1965 blackface Twin Reverb for $1200.  Includes original footswitch and amp cover.  I feel like I should buy this even if I just end up selling it the next day.  Who knows, maybe I'll fall in love?  The question:  is the price and quality such that this is an investment-worthy piece?

I don't see the actual ad, but just a heads up: 'round these parts there have been a bunch of ads for ridiculously cheap gear using gmail "reply to" addies, which result in spam marketing once contacted. Usually there are photos but no city or area of town listed.

Since this scam seems to be going on all over, here's one for example:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/msg/4344650338.html

Update:  it was a scam.  "She" started saying she just moved to the UK and would send me an invoice through eBay so that I'd have buyer protection and all this stuff, but I wouldn't be able to see it before hand and she'd ship it with a return policy...blah blah.  I assume they send a link that LOOKS just like eBay but then you enter in all your account info...etc.  Thanks for the warnings.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: RAGER on February 27, 2014, 09:44:02 AM
Quote from: liquidsmoke on February 27, 2014, 06:04:04 AM

I use one of these. Great little unit.

I have one and the led one. Going to try it between my preamp and power amp. Future plans idea.

mutantcolors

Whoa, that's a new idea to me. A/B a master/slave amp set up. Hit the switch for dicksmashing volume.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: mutantcolors on February 27, 2014, 06:41:44 PM
Whoa, that's a new idea to me. A/B a master/slave amp set up. Hit the switch for dicksmashing volume.

That could work nicely although I'm just thinking about maybe needing to split the preamp signal to run both channels on my poweramp to use 2 cabs down the road for a new project.

Danny G

First Ocean of Stars rehearsal in a month +, the first of three prior to our sxsw debut.

Sounded fucking awesome. I mean, just wow. Everything sounded good. Even the rough spots sounded good

Haven't been this stoked about a project in a long time \m/,

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

RacerX

Nice, Danny G!

I've been working on a duo act with this dude I hooked up with a month or so back. I'm mostly playing amplified acoustic guitars and he's on an old Strat with a smorgasbord of effects. It's mostly instrumental stuff, but I'm also singing a few originals I wrote. We'll do some coffee shop gigs to hone it a bit, then hopefully start scoring some opening slots. Hopefully we'll have some recordings soon.
Livin' The Life.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

RAGER

I have one and yes it does have a black face. ::)
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Quote from: RAGER on February 28, 2014, 02:46:24 PM
I have one and yes it does have a black face. ::)

I couldn't care less about what you have or about anything else regarding you or your life.

But hey, thanks!
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Then don't address me you miserable fuck.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

I wasn't. I was addressing liquidsmoke, asshole.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Super Twin has 180 watts? ??? Impossibru.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

I turned mine into a head.

At first it was all like...

An now it's all like..
No Focus Pocus

MichaelZodiac

"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

RacerX

Quote from: RAGER on February 28, 2014, 04:45:30 PM

An now it's all like..

^lastwordhipsterlung.
Livin' The Life.

liquidsmoke

Can't we all just get along?

Quote from: RacerX on February 28, 2014, 02:03:04 PM
Hey liquidsmoke, check this out:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/msd/4323708203.html

8)

Very nice.

Quote from: RAGER on February 28, 2014, 04:45:30 PM

An now it's all like..

Even nicer! Are these mega headroom or more like the earlier design but with more power?

I still can hardly believe how loud my early '90s 100 watt head is. I think it would probably work pretty well even for a lot of bass players.

mutantcolors

Quite surprised I haven't seen this here yet. Shocking, but hey man, it's not like he needs the money. Gotta believe they are good. I did like the set that was in my Mockingbird when I bought it used, but it wasn't love.

Fuck you!

Geezer Butler signature EMGs.