The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

Quote from: RAGER on July 21, 2013, 11:36:53 PM
  Still has hi stupid hair band hair and lives in complete squalor. Didn't want to touch anything and couldn't get oot of there fast enough.

haha you been hanging around with me too much. that would be me.

Instant Dan

Those VTM's are awesome.

As much as I like my Marshall, I think if an OTR80 pops up near me I will probably sell my Marshall and get the OTR80.

RAGER

If you;'re referring to me, that amp was a VTX Classic 2x12 combo early to mid 80's.  I guess the first gen. were all tube.  This is a hybrid with a solid state pre.
No Focus Pocus

spookstrickland

Quote from: RAGER on July 22, 2013, 12:29:31 PM
If you;'re referring to me, that amp was a VTX Classic 2x12 combo early to mid 80's.  I guess the first gen. were all tube.  This is a hybrid with a solid state pre.

Those a great amps, very clean but take pedals well and have loads of low end to spare.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

liquidsmoke

Quote from: jibberish on July 22, 2013, 09:17:37 AM
haha. I always laugh at that cover pic. those red tights slay me.

but Sabbath is who should be in there for real. good call. and you can keep changing the pic heh.

My pick gets dangerously close to his balls  ;D

liquidsmoke

I just sold a vintage Gibson zebra "Sonex 180 deluxe" pup on ebay for $45, did I rape myself? Kinda need cash ASAP.

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

neighbor664

Quote from: liquidsmoke on July 24, 2013, 02:39:24 AM
I just sold a vintage Gibson zebra "Sonex 180 deluxe" pup on ebay for $45, did I rape myself? Kinda need cash ASAP.

Was it consensual?

liquidsmoke

Quote from: neighbor664 on July 24, 2013, 09:23:04 PM
Quote from: liquidsmoke on July 24, 2013, 02:39:24 AM

Was it consensual?

I don't know, I feel kinda dazed and a bit sore.

liquidsmoke

How does a "10pm" show change to 9 and then 8? Nobody falls for that anymore. We probably won't even be there by 8. Not a big deal but I'm puzzled.

Lumpy

There's a box with a new air conditioner in my practice space. :)

It's not installed yet.  :(

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

jibberish

stalling getting busy for the day..kind of laughing, feeling bratty "I don wAAAAnnna, it feels worky ickeeeeeeee out there" then I thought about a tweeny doing their obnoxious as all hell tweeny whiner thing like when she gets told no, any time I guess heh.

humanoid synthesizer is what I hear. let me explain.

First she generates a pure whine wave at that perfect frequency that could shatter foam rubber, at +dB of course.
The wave goes through the "WHY" filter, which is controlled by the A Am S S filter (pretty standard on all brands of "lil bich" models)
OH! yes the filter:  A Am S S filter stands for: Attack, Attack more, Screeverb, Sustain
finally it is modulated by the LFFO. this would be the Low Frequency Footstomp Oscillator

ok performance notes:
hit the trigger "I said NO" hahaha
the ehhh builds through the first attack up to why filter threshold. why filter cuts in and "Attack more" filter kicks in. sustain set to max, self oscillating.....scree filter about 1/3, this wasn't a serious issue...
foot stomp about 2hZ to break the whyyyyyyyyyy up real nice...AAAAAAAAND ACTION!

imagine that over thee olde "eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh WWWHYYYYYYY-I -I-I-I-I-I-I-I-eeeee-eeeeee-screeeeee" and so on and so forth.

Danny G

Ha! Awesome

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

liquidsmoke

It's fucking awesome to set up a show with 2 bands you really like. My band had some technical difficulties but it was still a great night.

Lumpy

I like that name better. What does Orogen mean/where does that come from?

(I looked it up, sounds good)

QuoteThe word "orogeny" comes from the Greek (oros for "mountain" plus genesis for "creation" or "origin"),[1] and it is the primary mechanism by which mountains are built on continents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orogeny
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bbottom

My band is about a week out from our first show, which we'll be opening for Low Pan. So I'm setting up a facebook and twitter account as I type this.
I know jack shit about twitter but apparently it's one of those things that you "need" nowadays.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Lumpy on July 27, 2013, 11:06:17 PM
I like that name better. What does Orogen mean/where does that come from?

(I looked it up, sounds good)

QuoteThe word "orogeny" comes from the Greek (oros for "mountain" plus genesis for "creation" or "origin"),[1] and it is the primary mechanism by which mountains are built on continents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orogeny

Orogen is basically the material that is pushed up when tectonic plates fold or push against one another. Kinda means mountain and origin like you pasted. It's a weird word for a band name but I think it will suit us plus as far as I know it isn't in use. There is an Orogeny but I'm not too worried about that. We may have just taken the last simple one word band name.

mortlock

hades mining co. just had the first jam with our new drummer. it was awesome. the chemistry was immediate. ive known the dude for awhile but never jammed with him. he was in another grind band. then they broke up and I made the offer to jam. so far, so good..

liquidsmoke

I don't really get a callus on my pointer finger from playing. Been fooling around with some new riffs and leads the past few days that are more intense on my pointer finger and towards the end of my session today(mostly playing the same riffs and leads over and over and over trying to get the muscle memory set) I experienced some pretty bad nerve pain. It's a bit more dull now to the touch but is still there. Arg. This is probably partly due to raising my action up for clearer tone and to clear a couple spots that evidently need  fret filing. I need to map out said frets, find the best tech in town, and have them work their magic. When I got this guitar back from the neck straightener dude I thought ha, finally I've got a guitar that plays perfectly but little by little I kept raising the action. I'm a fucking winner when it comes to action on a guitar, a real and true winner.

liquidsmoke

Nigel and the JCM900 that goes to 20

black aspirin

Oh, shit.  I'm finally getting the hang of working with my new software...the BFD2 Drums Deluxe kit (the one recorded by Albini) sounds amazing.  I'm still wading my way through all of the kits, custom kit-pieces, and ways to tweak the sound of all of them.  Sequencing drums is really tedious, but if you spend the time...very rewarding.  I'm gonna re-record some of my old stuff and finally add new parts to make them complete songs instead of half-assed ideas.  A lot of work yet to come...
This Juan goes to 11.

mortlock

my longest running band. formed in 1999. HADES MINING Co. Lo Fi obscure crapcore from Rochester NY . 

MichaelZodiac

Since my current band is a bit lost it seems, I asked a drummer who's band is sorta in the same situation (only his band has played shows already, mine hasn't), if he wanted to jam. He was all stoked so we're gonna have a jam after my fucking summer exams. Mid september probably. Fuck, that's a long way.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

jibberish

ba has fun toys. that is all.

ok I lied.  there's more.   after seeing yes, I have decided that keyboards do indeed still fucking rule. 
the new "jon Anderson" really is john something, and even wore the jon Anderson shirt that looks like he stole it from his lil sis.
that guy kicked major ass.  yes did very well adding him to replace jon
steve howe is a total trip to watch, esp on those solo type pieces.
they played the yes album, then going for the one album, then thee awesome close to the edge album..encore was roundabout...of course.
first time at cain park.  beautiful venue.  I will see more shows there for sure.
shit like that stokes me up to make big music heh.
need to look into chris squire's crazy 3 neck bass and why he used it