The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chovie D

Iron Lobster is a contender! I will run it by my worse half(the drummer)

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Danny G

Electric Shitstorm

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Chovie D

drummer said Iron lobster was too  much like Iron Butterfly.

His last name is Mansfield so I wanted to name the band "the mansfield Steamroller"..you knwo klike Manheim steamroller? ...but he didnt go for that

is "Lobster Craw" too racist? ???

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Quote from: Chovie D on May 20, 2013, 04:05:40 PM

His last name is Mansfield so I wanted to name the band "the mansfield Steamroller"..you knwo klike Manheim steamroller? ...but he didnt go for that

is "Lobster Craw" too racist? ???

Too bad your drummer can play but has no sense of humor/proportion.

How about Grumpy Old Lobsters?
Livin' The Life.

Chovie D

hes got a good sense of humor...its possible that it's MY sense of humor that sucks  ???

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

is Robster Craw too a-lacist?

Discö Rice

Armored Taint

Iron Maidenhead

RacerX

How about "The Absolutely Inoffensive, Completely Politically Correct Lobsters"?
Livin' The Life.

Discö Rice

Chovie D

:D armored taint  :D :D :D

i aint using that, but thats awesome.

Chovie D

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 20, 2013, 04:14:38 PM
Craw is a good name.

they were a decent band from Cleveland OH too

Chovie D

I like Politcally Correct something or other...

the PC somethings?

fuck I hate this crap

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Chovie D on May 20, 2013, 04:05:40 PM

I will say that it is too late to play the sounds too much like game when there are often several bands that use the same exact name but it's a subjective game so..

RacerX

My one project is moving along at a glacial pace, but still moving. I was also just invited to contribute bass/vocals to a heavier thing, which I'm gonna give a try. I have never done anything but dick around on the bass, so it should be interesting. Drummer's letting me use his bass/rig.
Livin' The Life.

The Shocker

Tomalley

It's got a lobster connection.

Danny G

That's awesome racer. Just follow the groove and kick/snare pattern and you'll be golden. Branching out musically is always a good thing.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

VOLVO)))

I like playing bass in three piece bands. Makes it so you gotta be the balls for real. More chords, more everything. It's a blast. Also, you have the potential to make everything VERY heavy at all the right moments if you want.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Thanks, dudes. I'm gonna give it a shot. My biggest worry is holding down the bass & vox simultaneously without resorting to root note thumping. There's no place to hide in a 3-piece.
Livin' The Life.

Chovie D

Quote from: RacerX on May 21, 2013, 02:08:57 PM
Thanks, dudes. I'm gonna give it a shot. My biggest worry is holding down the bass & vox simultaneously without resorting to root note thumping. There's no place to hide in a 3-piece.

there is alot to be said for root note thumping...especially during vocals

no need to go all Jaco Pastorius on their asses  :D

RacerX

True, don't wanna overthink it, either, but I really dig countermelodic bass parts in The Heavy Stuff.
Livin' The Life.

Chovie D

Quote from: RacerX on May 21, 2013, 02:45:56 PM
True, don't wanna overthink it, either, but I really dig countermelodic bass parts in The Heavy Stuff.
i have come to as well, but maybe save those for the verse outros, choruses and while the guitarist is soloing?

One thing I LOVE about a trio is when the guitarist solos and there is no rythym guitar.
They coulda put rythym guitar on that first van halen record behind the solos...and ruined it. those solos sound kickass wiht only bass behind them and the bass IS kinda bouncing around cheeesy as van halen is, its a good example..nirvana does it too on their first album...here at 1:44

and here at 1:50...love this stuff..fuck ryththym guitar during a solo for life! also fuck being able to spell rythym

ac/dc is the exception

RacerX

Gotcha. It will be a fine balancing act, but I'm game.
Livin' The Life.