Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogfood

They are performing Flood in Chicago?   :o
Problem solving whiskey!

xayk

Quote from: dogfood on May 06, 2013, 12:27:44 AM
They are performing Flood in Chicago?   :o

On Saturday, yeah (Pallbearer is on that show). Friday is is a 'normal', non-album specific show.

Instant Dan

Every time I have tried to see Boris it just never works out for me. The same thing happened with the Melvins and anything Wino-related for a long time.

I'm trying to decide whether to stick with the color scheme that is already in my Mockingbird or just get both p'ups in creme.

Lumpy

Losing my practice space at the end of the month... just don't want to pay 575/month for a 9x11 room. Even splitting the costs multiple ways, it's too much money (and small rooms don't sound that good).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Jesus fuck that is steeeep!!  Where is it Manhattan?  Or do they just figure it's feasible because it's usually split 3 or four ways?

My buddy who owns a pawn shop and a rehearsal space and I think his is expensive but it's fucking tits though.  Check it out.

http://reverbrehearsal.com/
No Focus Pocus

MichaelZodiac

That's what I thought as well. So happy we have a space at our drummers house.

Tomorrow another rehearsal. Things are finally picking up the way it should be. Plans are being made for the first couple of shows and a demo recording. We're all extremely excited. Hell, the way we've been going at it, it might even not suck. Imagine that.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Lumpy

Brooklyn practice space. Seems like 5 dollars per sq. foot is considered normal (?) but I think that's higher than retail prices (price per sq. ft to rent a store). Yes, you're supposed to share a space like that.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Discö Rice

That's such a bummer. It's been fun, Lumpy. :( I sure wish this shit could be easier.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Instant Dan

jibberish

^I think he played JUST like slash, check out slash solo at w/e 3min mark

did I just totally lie? yes. 

RAGER

Mein gott that is terrible.
No Focus Pocus

liquidsmoke

Played our first show at a venue with a raised stage and sound guy. I think we killed it... for 5 people. Funny thing is that our past shows were for much larger crowds but at small vocals only through the PA play on the floor places. edit: those shows were on weekends and with bands that also drew folks

eyeprod

Quote from: mortlock on April 30, 2013, 09:30:35 PM
Quote from: eyeprod on April 27, 2013, 07:42:54 PM
I was interested in the sub phatty, but the minibrute easily won me over at half the price. That and I don't like presets nor any banks on my analog gear. It's wrong.
do you like your minibrute?? if its good id go that route myself for the price diff..you save about $500..

The minibrute kills. Probably the best synth I've ever owned (prodigy, liberation, micromoog, juno60, esq1, cz101, cz5000, korg poly, and more I can't remember). It just has so much going for it. I let my daughter play with it last night. Showed her a couple of basics and she was making happy teddy bear fairy sounds in no time, and loving it. If a noisemaker is what you seek, look no further.
CV - Slender Fungus

mortlock

I bought one..stoked on it..i got so much to learn. I love the cut out preset templates..this thing is awesome.

fallen

I need a synth for Hawkwind inspired sweeping blips and tones. Maybe some space noises.

fallen

jibberish

Quote from: mortlock on May 09, 2013, 09:13:40 PM
I bought one..stoked on it..i got so much to learn. I love the cut out preset templates..this thing is awesome.

awww duuude. damn you guys haha. awesome.

the future holds some crazy collaborations, I just know it...

edit: sometimne later. funny stuff occurs once baked. just getting ready to practice a little guitar+singing when it hit me:

"etu mini-brute??"  ...ok, I guess you had to be there, carry on.

RacerX

I'm off work today.

Gonna take my resonator and some comestibles down to the Rio Grande, sit on the bank & play for a few hours.
Livin' The Life.

eyeprod

Sounds like a good time, Alan.

Here's a jam using the minibrute. It does hawkwind style very well indeed

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F91913573"></iframe>

and another:
<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F91911857"></iframe>
CV - Slender Fungus

jibberish

silver machine reminds me of "doing the time warp" heh.
I hear lots of white noise+resonant filter sweeps.  that beginning thing sounded a lot like the Frankenstein resonant filter thing. my old arp odyssey could do that really well
the spooky reverbed flute is in there too now that I listened better.
thx M&B.
fix your soundcloud link eyeprod.

RAGER

Quote from: RacerX on May 10, 2013, 08:50:32 AM
I'm off work today.

Gonna take my resonator and some comestibles down to the Rio Grande, sit on the bank & play for a few hours.

Fuck yeah!!  Tofu river jam band.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Nah. Good bread, grapes, and some tamari almonds.
Livin' The Life.

I,Galactus

Quote from: RacerX on May 11, 2013, 05:36:19 PM
Nah. Good bread, grapes, and some tamari almonds.

I'm assuming some combustibles accompanied your comestibles as well.   ;)

Either way, hope you enjoyed your day off.  Nothing quite like playing outside in nice weather.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RacerX

Kinda.

The fire danger in the bosque is so extreme that I thought it safer to arrive fully stoned.   8)
Livin' The Life.

jibberish

why is angel fire NM often the coldest place in the lower 48? elevation? funny how that se corner of California, which resembles hell to me from what I saw from various airplane routes over it, is often the hottest place in the lower 48, and not all that far away. 

can I send you a 3 foot square super Fresnel lense for you to play with out there in the mosque?  pretty sure no one would tell on you if it accidentally burned down. wait ..wha?....ohhh bosque..nevermind...

eyeprod, i'm feeling that second jam.
also, I tried to just go to the dubya dubya soundcloud slash acct name yada.. and there were only 3 songs, none of which were these 2. you have really had to make an unusual construction in the post to link those. what is soundcloud doing?.

"hey new lunch lady, these sloppy joes are actually good. What's yer trick?"