The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Other Youtube videos describe Mahnhammer as a "Tacoma supergroup". Good work, dude.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Jake

Isn't the Tacoma Supergroup a pickup truck?
poop.

RacerX

Quote from: Lumpy on January 23, 2013, 06:35:21 PM
Other Youtube videos describe Mahnhammer as a "Tacoma supergroup". Good work, dude.

Adding a member can only make them superer, esp. if that member is the diddler.
Livin' The Life.

the diddler

'Supergroup' has to be taken in the context of Tacoma- meaning of course, that we've all been playing for 20 some years in bands no one's ever heard of...outside of Tacoma. 

Thanks dudes, I'm pretty much fully stoked to be playing with these guys

Lumpy

New pedals announced at NAMM this year, Jan 24-27 (three pages... see bottom. Over 200 in list.)

http://www.effectsdatabase.com/events/namm/2013

:)

jibberish

^ :)

so I changed the words of fred bear to cold beer. a huge portion of the lyrics work great untouched. made my nefarious job all the easier.

example , the first line, change ONE word..and it's off to the races:
"There I was, back in the bar again" heh.

I have listened to the song about 20 times fitting the words in correctly.  along the way, it dawned on me that this is very simple, especially from the nuge. maybe this is a nuge ballad. i'm not concerned with the solo. I don't really like it nor, to be honest, the whole latter half of the song. so I will do up to the solo break, put a 1 verse or chorus solo in and do the ending verse sans truckload of bullshit in the original song.
it makes me laugh now, so I think it is a go.

----------------------------------
i'm telling you , those $5 13w colored "party" cfl's from home depot light bulb aisle are awesome. they are monochromatic phosphors, so they really look rich, as opposed to colored glass subtractive tinting bullshit.
i'm addicted to pretty colors, shapes and sounds. these are heroin., I have red, green, 2 blues and a UV one so far.
I still want to try out a yellow and orange one, but I think the blue ones are really nice so far.

some back wall decorations and 1 more carpet of some sort and I am finished with the music room. already messing it up playing with the recording stuff etc.  also have to make the official name sign: "The Jimi Fripp Carlos Zappa House of Worship" Studios and Tomfoolarena

Lumpy

Fender is bringing back the Bass VI...

QuoteThe Pawn Shop Bass VI marks the revamped return of a historic Fender instrument, the seldom-seen Fender Bass Guitar (also known as the Bass VI) of 1961-1975. This updated version of the baritone classic features the traditional short scale (30?) and is armed with Special Design Hot Jaguar® single-coil neck and middle pickups and a powerful JZHB humbucking bridge pickup.

Not much bass action in that clip. ???

The red one has a painted headstock...

http://www.fender.com/series/pawn-shop/pawn-shop-bass-vi/

VOLVO)))

Ill probably be the one here to bite at that one.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

namm videos are dangerous to watch. I used to want a prophet 8 synth, the resurrected and improved prophet 5 of yore.
i'm over that. NOW I want a prophet 12.   3 grand will keep me from ever getting it though. but I can still want it.
I do want to play with a kingKorg some day though. that thing is like 1 grand.

somehow I ended up on hagstrom's website. heh, bad bad bad.  I want those. I want that Jackson trivium signature V.
lumpy, buy me a magnatone amp.

...pedal demo overload, especially since I am not after anything specific to further contour my sounds yet.

fuck ovation....they have gone beyond PRS heh.

btw moog=gibson=big $ name = higher prices for same shit.
the moog factory video for their gritty fatty model is outstanding.

korg also cloned the original m-20(forgot its right model), the little modular monophonic analog synyh. that goober is only like $500 or so.

but ya, that prophet 12.  the versatility and richness is off the richter. I would sell any 3 of y'all's souls to get one of those.

dave smith at namm explaining some stuff about prophet 12

somebody who was involved in the dev massaging some creepy sounds out of the 12. this is why I initially liked the 5. thick pads and creepy ambience like no other

jibberish

I enjoy that richer baritone sound of that fender right up there. sounds like my les paul now instead of a strat. if I was going to get a baritone, I would get a full scale one which really sounds richer than std guitars.

like I want one of those huge mariachi band acoustic bass guitars some day

mutantcolors

There's some shit on yer soundcloud there I quite like, but I am confused as hell as to what is what, some of em have like 4 songs per track.

AgentofOblivion

Quote from: mutantcolors on February 01, 2013, 01:56:29 AM
There's some shit on yer soundcloud there I quite like, but I am confused as hell as to what is what, some of em have like 4 songs per track.

Thanks dude.  We have a new song (posted above), some dicking around doom riff we did in practice, and our old and eclectic four song demo from forever ago.  Once we release the physical CD then we'll have a place to download high quality versions of the files for free.  Cheers.

mortlock

Lumpy

Lumpy

I just made a complete mess out of trying to solder a new 1/4 jack on a 12 gauge speaker cable (swap the plug). I blame my Radio Shack soldering station, the sheer size of the area that needed to be soldered, and my lousy soldering skills.

God dammit.  >:(

johnny problem

Epiphone ellitists are pretty damn decent, except for the pricetag.  Kurt Cobain's signature Fender Jaguar is not that great, at least for me, however, the "worn" look was really convincing.

RacerX

Been on a DADGAD tuning kick for about a week—some real pretty chord voicings in there, and a very versatile tuning.

Think Celtic/Indian/Arabian music, Jimmy Page's Black Mountain Side or Rory Gallagher's version of Out on the Western Plains.
Livin' The Life.

Lumpy

Plugged in soldered cable - it works!

To give you some idea of the neatness of my work, I splashed a big spot of solder on my kitchen floor (lineoleum). I don't know if I can get it to come off?

Metal and Beer

Gently tap it from the side with something relatively heavy, mayhaps get it cold first.

/metal stewart

I rejacked* two cabs I recently bought, my solderin' is getting fairly good, finally

* TWSS
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Pissy

soldering is one of those practice things.  Once you get out of practice, those skills can go away.  I used to be really good at it.  Now not so much.  They pass current, but not totally pretty.  I couldn't build electronics for sale with my soldering skills.  At least not that I'd be willing to put my name on.
Vinyls.   deal.

Lumpy

Quote from: Metal and Beer on February 03, 2013, 10:38:16 AM
Gently tap it from the side with something relatively heavy, mayhaps get it cold first.

/metal stewart

I rejacked* two cabs I recently bought, my solderin' is getting fairly good, finally

* TWSS

The spot is totally flat, about the size of a quarter. Worst case scenario, I peel up the tile and swap it for one that's near a radiator - they paint 'em silver here. Gee Mr. Landlord,  that was some sloppy work they did (when its time to get my security deposit back). It's in the middle of the kitchen floor right now...

Metal and Beer

Take one-a them tiny jeweler's (i.e. musician's) flathead screwdrivers and gently pop it off...?

I'd never submit my soldering for visual inspection either, haha, but you'd have to pull pretty fucking hard to get 'er loose
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"