The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidsmoke

Droning notes into a crazy fuzz pedal and tons of spring like reverb sounds awesome and mystical temple like.

mutantcolors

Quote from: Lumpy on December 11, 2012, 02:08:10 AM
You're going to school in Thailand for your last year? Do you go to the University of Awesome? ???

What kind of program is that?

It's a direct exchange arrangement one of my professors set up for the architecture program at University of Idaho. I pay the same tuition here, a student there does the same, and we trade locations. Assuming it all works out I'll graduate from U of I but I'll be in Bangkok, free of any immediate responsibility, hopefully still free of any AIDS of heroin addictions, and ready to do some world travel, with an eye on Himalayan trekking. Got a buddy who plans to meet me there as he'll be ending a military contracting deployment in Afghanistan around that time.

Oh yeah, also, I already have the Mack Truck cabinet. If I can hack by w/o selling it is the question at hand.

Lumpy

I'm going to Bangkok for Christmas, I'm super excited. That's why I'm curious about your program. Language barrier seems pretty steep, but they are surely somewhat used to English-only dopes running around town by now. For me it's Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phnom Penh and Siem Reap (Cambodia). Worst time of the year to travel (peak tourist season) but also the coolest (only in the 80s/90s). First time in SE Asia, a much needed vacation. I wish I could have done something like this when I was in college, great idea.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

The Shocker

Sometimes I fantasize about giving everything up and going to Thailand to join a temple and become a Buddhist monk.

jibberish

Quote from: The Shocker on December 11, 2012, 10:40:11 PM
Sometimes I fantasize about giving everything up and going to Thailand to join a brothel and become a Buddhist pimp.

bass sic

Bring me back a souvinere. Preferably not a lady boy.

Jake

Ravi Shankar just began his interdimensional/alternative-consciousness tour.
poop.

jibberish

ya rip ravi  :(

so I tried playing some guitar. that lasted about 5 minutes. there is just some shoulder extension having your arm over the guitar body and it got uncomfortable pretty fast.
I have starting to do easy flexing using pain/discomfort as my feedback.   definitely on the mend..just keep going real easy yet...
I am not starting rehab excercises yet..gut feeling is the stuff isn't solidly mended yet, so i'm just maintaining a little flexibility vs loading the joints.
I am very very glad I have religiously stretched my shoulders all along. I just stretch while zapping my tea or warming up coffee while waiting for the microwave.

pity the stu that has done nothing for shoulder muscle tone or flexibility that fucks his shoulder up.  this sucked royal and still sucks..and I am in reasonable shape.

note to all: don't separate your shoulder, it is a "next level" fuck up.

zachoff

Playing w/ a new band.  More punk rock than metal but I still dig it.  More to come when we get some stuff written/recorded.

mortlock

you can never have too much punk influence..

MichaelZodiac

Had last rehearsal yesterday before we go into hibernation due to exams. Songs are coming along nicely.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

RAGER

The gun ban thread in general discussion gave me an idea.  Imma finna use the 3D printer technology and 3D print me a fuckin Dunwich!
No Focus Pocus

bbottom

Tonight is our first night in our new practice space. It's about 4 times as big as the last place so I'm pretty pumped.
Once we get everything totally set up we're thinking about having mini shows there. Should be a lot of fun

Danny G

Actively putting together Ocean of Stars, new instrumental project to play the music from my rpm challenge albums.

Have a drummer in place after jamming with a few earlier in the year. Was out if leads for a bassist but am talking again to one I approached several months ago so fingers crossed.

Also have talked to a sax player from Craigslist who had a cool ad. Seems on the level and a good player. Sax would free up some rhythm guitar parts.

Still no real leads on a 2nd guitar player, but that will be a later piece. Bass needed now.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

RacerX

Still waiting for Jon to get better so we can revive SANDIA MAN.

I've put out the word to some locals that I have some americana/blues/roots country stuff I want to get onstage with, but no one's biting. Fuck 'em.

I'm throwing caution to the winds & putting a solo set together. I'll rotate between electric guitar, acoustic guitar, dobro, & lap steel, all while hollering my head off & maybe honkin' on a harmonica.
Livin' The Life.

Chovie D

Quote from: Lumpy on December 11, 2012, 09:41:28 PM
I'm going to Bangkok for Christmas, I'm super excited. That's why I'm curious about your program. Language barrier seems pretty steep, but they are surely somewhat used to English-only dopes running around town by now. For me it's Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phnom Penh and Siem Reap (Cambodia). Worst time of the year to travel (peak tourist season) but also the coolest (only in the 80s/90s). First time in SE Asia, a much needed vacation. I wish I could have done something like this when I was in college, great idea.

This is great! have a great time and be careful, safe travels!
wow...that is awesome.

jibberish

they have diseases that there are no cures for. I wonder what public surfaces the pathogens congregate on whilst waiting to infect a new host.
that is a tropical region. tropical regions have insects/arachnids that have evolved strong poisons and novel attack techniques.  crazy shit grows in that 24/7 high humidity too. ever hear of a snake called a "2-step" ?  yes, that's how far you get after it bites you.

[evil snicker face goes here]

RacerX

woh. Last night a bunch of open tuning chord shape patterns I hadn't noticed just jumped out at me from the fretboard. 

I got up early & dicked around some more, and man, has this opened up my mind to some new ideas. The joy of discovery & all that. I wanna just stay home & play all day, but I guess I'd better get ready for work...
Livin' The Life.

bass sic

Yea a new power chord just jumped at me.

bass sic

I'm so bored with my shitty six string skills, I think I'm gonna put down the guitar for awhile and dick around on the bass. I've been neglecting that anyway.

AgentofOblivion

Working on getting the artist to finalize our split album's cover.  Should look something like this.   

tossom

My brother arrived home today, will be back here on holiday for 2 weeks.  Now to find a drummer who is ok with being deafened for a jam ;D
"Beige rock"

mortlock

A of O..cool artwork. sick as fuck!!

heres my bands latest insanity. a repress of this split LP noise classic!! now on 8 track!!!!

limited to 25 copies..out in early 2013.. 

bbottom

I went through the "sent" emails in my one account this evening. I had emails in there going back to 04. So besides a bunch of bummer emails from an ex, I came across a bunch of old recordings from past bands. It's pretty interesting to listen to some of this stuff after so many years.
It's actually inspiring me to work harder on stuff for my current band.

VOLVO)))

Lol, I did that with myspace. Made me go back and contact my ex and apologize.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.