First thread of a new/surrogate jam room...

Started by VOLVO))), December 04, 2010, 02:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

In true SR.com Jam Room fashion..

A. What fuzz sounds good?
B. How do I sound like Matt Pike?
C. What are ohms, what do they do?
D. What should I tune to, and if it's strange, what strings do I need?
E. Are Sunn amps good?
F. Is -insert amp- a good deal for -insert price?-
G. What speakers should I buy?
H. BUTTPUSSY
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ranbat

:(
Meh :/

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

justJon

What phaser/flanger do I need for my Ludwig Vistalite Drumkit? ::)
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

lordfinesse

Hooray!! A new jam room! Not that I post that much, but I do read this stuff a lot, and I was bummed when it was suddenly gone. So, yeah, happy to see this here.

And since no one has said it yet.. 

Can someone tell me the history of Matamp?
Are new Oranges as good as old Oranges?
How can I get that Dopesmoker tone?
P90s or humbuckers?
EL34s or KT88s?
KYUSS!!!
Billy Squier 24/7

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

peyotepeddler

is it possible to plug my geetar into a bass amp?

Baxandall

Quote from: peyotepeddler on December 04, 2010, 03:59:42 PM
is it possible to plug my geetar into a bass amp?

Is is OK to use my guitar amp for bass?

VOLVO)))

Maaaaan, I am relieved to see some of you motherfuckers! This might be able to somehow fill the void... kind of ironic that a stoner-rock/doom based website fell INTO THE VOID... Oh man, we have Sabbath references and everything! Hope everyone gets the memo, because it'd be damn sure nice to have what we once had....

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

johnny problem

This sure would be amazing if it could get to the point it once was.  Especially for the jam room.  That place had such great information.

VOLVO)))

Straight up? I think we'll get most of our MVP's back soon as word gets around. If the Obelisk and Sodashop bother with forums, I think we may have an issue here, but someone said in one of the thread in gen disc. that they should just have these forums be their forums. We'll give them their own news sections, and promotional sections, and word will spread fast. I've already seen plenty of recognizable handles. It delights me to see this place springing to life.

also, easy pic posting = amazing.

[attachment deleted by admin]

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Danny G

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

db3jed

VOLVO)))

Fuck, someone ought to message Ol' Herb on that myspace thing, It'd be nice to have a few Hemisaurus sightings... I'll see if I can get Spook, on facebook.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

chlorpromazine

When am I going to get that mondo custom buttpussy faceplate?
It's been at least 4 years now.

Volume

I heard the DAM Meathead is the the best fuzz for the ultimate stoner/doom tone. Anyone have one of those?

Edit: How do you post pics?

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bass sic

How long will it be before my fingers stop hurting?

Gatti

black_out

my amp is farting like an old man eating chili?!?! What's wrong with it?!?!  ;D
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

VOLVO)))

We're missing Jake, Lippy, Lumpy, Logicalfrank... Someone tell them about this, I don't have any of their contacts.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

ROWDYBEER

Im looking to buy another SUNN Model T. Whats the difference between the original white face, red face, and the reissue. And please fell free to advise me on all that is SunnO)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
And I need a mean mother of a fuzz pedal so lets talk about fuzz pedals as well. And Im always open to hear about electric amps and the like. And 15" speakers for that devastating low end.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: ROWDYBEER on December 06, 2010, 02:46:26 PM
Im looking to buy another SUNN Model T. Whats the difference between the original white face, red face, and the reissue. And please fell free to advise me on all that is SunnO)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
And I need a mean mother of a fuzz pedal so lets talk about fuzz pedals as well. And Im always open to hear about electric amps and the like. And 15" speakers for that devastating low end.

I use 18's, you can't even hear my guitar. YOU CAN FEEL IT THOUGH, AMIRITE? I run two DAM Meatheads into two vintage Russian Big muffs into 2 Sunn Model T's, and I slave two Green Matamps. I sound just like Matt Pike, if you could hear my tone, but since I use 18's, you can't hear it, you can feel it, did I mention that? Also, my band doesn't have a bass player.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.