Main Menu

Do you practice?

Started by Andrew Blakk, October 11, 2012, 05:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryno

Quote from: Chovie D on November 21, 2012, 11:14:58 AM

pedal steel is fairly expensive and not a real easy instrument to learn. It would be nice if you jhad a frined who had one and could sit down and try it out for a bit. I think thats the only way to know if you could see yourself doing it for real. Its hard ti find people who own one tho, and every single one of the ten or so Ive ever seen in a music store has been broken or setup completely wrong so trying it would be useless... If your ever at a small show and see a pedal steel, go talk to the steel guy, he might or might not let you try out his. i would usually let the really curious , and not obvioulsy shitfaced , inquisitors sit down at mine, one or two have at shows. you could also get a lap steel for cheap but its not even the same instrument really.

Thanks, Chovie...
I rarely ever see them around.  They look pretty complex and probably out of my skill range.  Not to mention my price range.  My uncle plays harp and has played with all kinds of bands.  One of his buddies has a beautiful setup and when he plays it looks, and sounds like magic.  I'm going to get a lap steel but am hopeful that I will someday drive past an estate sale where there is a an old dusty box in the corner, with a strange strung instrument in it that I can take away for a reasonable price.

/dreaming
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?