Post the most recent song(s) you've written & recorded..

Started by Isabellacat, July 31, 2011, 06:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

everdrone

Quote from: Corey Y on February 14, 2013, 06:03:41 PM
Sounds pretty killer to me. There's a little bit of excessive high end that hurt my ears a little bit, listening with headphones, but that might just be sinus shizz going on with me. Tones and the tune sound good.

Thank you Corey Y!  ;D

I lived in Salinas for a few months, I remember jamming in a barn there with some folks, back when I was singing/playing the Nirvana styled stuff.

I am just adjusting faders and EQs really and do not know basic mixing knowledge like how to adjust a compressor and stuff.  The only software I used was reaper, ezmixII, ozone5, recabinet, DC8C compressor from Klanghelm, metal foundry, glissEQ, and the free reaper stuff: reaFIR and reaGate. 

Kinda funny that you mention the headphones and EQ.  I mixed most of it on my KRK rokit 6 pair with the KRK10sub that I toggle on to check bass levels. but I did the final 'mastering' with ozone 5 on my Audio Technica ATH-M50S headphones and gave the mix a 3DB boost in the highs over 2K, so I am thinking I overdid it. Ill keep that in mind to avoid drastic eq decisions like that in the future, thanks for the constructive criticism :)

Thanks bro!!!  ;D ;D ;D

yesca

not really the whole stoner/doom thing just another project me and bassist are working on. some ambient downtempo'd experimental stuff

http://www.reverbnation.com/progger
https://soundcloud.com/progger-3

Dylan Thomas

Recorded this song recently, going to be working on a new full length soon.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

everdrone

Dylan Thomas, that is amazing  :o :o :o

great stuff dude!!  I also LOVE your band description:

Palace In Thunderland is a collective consciousness seeking catatonic bliss, sublime friendships, exotic fruits, and consciousness expansion through sonic explorations.
Biography
After a long five year slumber, the four Sleepers have awakened to once again witness the witnessing of the witnessor.

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: everdrone on February 19, 2013, 04:11:57 PM
Dylan Thomas, that is amazing  :o :o :o

great stuff dude!!  I also LOVE your band description:

Palace In Thunderland is a collective consciousness seeking catatonic bliss, sublime friendships, exotic fruits, and consciousness expansion through sonic explorations.
Biography
After a long five year slumber, the four Sleepers have awakened to once again witness the witnessing of the witnessor.

Oh thanks man, glad someone digs it.

Glad someone digs the band description as well, we're not very serious guys, so it's kind of just a bunch of random inside jokes that we found amusing.  Palace is pretty much a freakshow.

the_brow

https://soundcloud.com/mon-oh-brau/1110-big-sky-black-horse

jam room recording from a couple months ago.  been working on new stuff so hopefully we'll have more soon.

Discö Rice

Here it is, jerks - a one-take, clippy-as-fuck, Yes-my-ride-cymbal-is-broken-thank-you-very-much, practice space recording of an as yet untitled Leadbreath song. Enjoy! https://soundcloud.com/leadbreath/untitled-song-2
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Discö Rice

*Thanks to Lumpy for his help in trying to wrangle that much volume in a 9x11 room into something resembling listenable.

Lumpy

Quote from: Discö Rice on February 21, 2013, 05:25:59 PM
*Thanks to Lumpy for his help in trying to wrangle that much volume in a 9x11 room into something resembling listenable.

I think the secret here is to put a cardioid mic about 2.5 inches away from the snare surface, on the rim furthest away from the high-hat. Gate that, so you just get the initial attack, and add it to the overhead mix.

Just kidding, it's a Zoom H2 with the input setting dialed down to zero (and they still pegged the meters).  :o
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

khoomeizhi

i've been using an h1 at input volume 8, turned away from everything but the pa speakers (which are too quiet)....and once i figure out this soundcloud thing (which maybe doesn't let you upload from an ipad, which has become the computer i have most access to), maybe i'll post a comparison...i'm curious where lumpy pointed he mics..
let's dispense the unpleasantries

Lumpy

Tiny rehearsal room, so we just picked a corner away from the drums and higher than the speakers of the bass amp (to get a room mix without too much proximity to any source, for sake of balance). I have a mic-stand mount that screws into the bottom of the Zoom, so that helps getting it into places. I should have tried to protect the mic more with fabric (coats) to dampen the sound, but didn't think of that until later (make a tent or a fort for the Zoom to hide in). The main issue is that when everything's going (drums and bass) the input meters on the Zoom were pegged, even with input sensitivity at zero. I turned the recording sample rate to max and that seemed to help give some leeway (because I expected the recording to be completely useless). My version of the Zoom doesn't have a Limiter, some of the newer ones do, I guess. That would have made a difference.

Just to make sure it's understood, the band is absurdly loud, like the Body or Zoroaster or something (I dunno) and they practice in a 9x11 room. Adverse conditions.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Discö Rice

QuoteJust to make sure it's understood, the band is absurdly loud

Aw Lumpy. You say such nice things. :) The problem is that I built my kit for the purpose of pushing/cutting through two or more absurd guitar/bass rigs in small to mid-size venues with next to no drum mic's, not bedroom-sized rehearsal spaces. Laurie's bass rig is equally monstrous. In that room, it's overwhelming.

giantchris

Quote from: the_brow on February 19, 2013, 07:16:57 PM
https://soundcloud.com/mon-oh-brau/1110-big-sky-black-horse

jam room recording from a couple months ago.  been working on new stuff so hopefully we'll have more soon.

That a phaser or an envelope filter on the bass at the beginning?  Nice tones throughout like the flangey guitar in the middle.  MOAR FLANGE.

Anyways below is the guitar player in my band's solo project.  Pretty badass what he's got so far up thought you guys might like it. 

http://hypnocron.bandcamp.com/album/asmodeus-herb

skydogdiesel

Galaxies in the River- "Mobile Hydration Unit".   Let it go people- there's about a million riffs in it and it's all over the place. 
grandma always said the money's in dick and fart jokes...

JemDooM

Totally loving Earth Alliance and Galaxies in the River!

Been listening to Palace In Thunderland this morning its awesome, just about to load it on my ipod for the journey to work later :)
DooM!

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: JemDooM on March 06, 2013, 04:26:51 AM
Totally loving Earth Alliance and Galaxies in the River!

Been listening to Palace In Thunderland this morning its awesome, just about to load it on my ipod for the journey to work later :)

Yeah, much appreciation for the purchase, glad you dig it.

Metal and Beer

We've been hiatus-ing since mid-2011 but aboot a month ago we started jammin' together ag'in. (They've been playing as another incarnation). I switched to guitar and we have all nu-songs, so:

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

JemDooM

Get em up beery!

Also been hiatus-ing since around then too all the while writing loads of riffs n lyrics and jamming as a two peice, we finally hooked up with our drummer a couple of weeks ago, this is rough as its our first practise together in almost 2 years, we've got roughly an hour long album to record in August and we'll record a demo in a couple of months, good times :)

www.soundcloud.com/coltsblood
DooM!

black

Galaxies in the River- "Mobile Hydration Unit"

Whoa!
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

skydogdiesel

Thanks guys! we really are out for world domination and mind control through our instrumental jams.  actually it's more like we'll play for anyone who wont ask, "so have you guys ever thought of getting a singer?".    we know we play a minority genre of rock, and it's aaaaaaaall good.  thanks for the kudos.  just waiting on artwork for the new record before we get it up online. 
grandma always said the money's in dick and fart jokes...

mutantcolors

My solo album is finally done! Waited on a guest guitar solo for quite some time. The newest track is Garden of Meat, featuring said solo.

http://psychedelicsexorgan.bandcamp.com/album/raw-meat-salvation

Jake

Very nice. Digging the riff assault.

Can I ask you why you run solo/lone wolf? You're a talented dude that seemingly could lead a band of savages. Convenience? Lack of likeminded players nearby? Severe body odor? All the above?
poop.

mutantcolors

Minus the body odor, pretty much. I've been embroiled in full time college for the past 4 yrs, in a town of 20K people hundreds of miles from any significant scene (unless I want to play bluegrass, which if you couldn't tell...nope). I think by that guest solo it's not boating to say I know some clearly talented motherfuckers, and he is but one member of a band called The Reptilians, with whom I have been friends for many years now, and they're are just one of a shitload of bands I know or have been in/affiliated with. I really have no shortage of riff and beat wizards at my fingertips.

That and it's just for fun. I'm so over "going somewhere" with music. Thanks for checking it out. Feel free to snag a download.

black

Man, that's some fuzzy-riff-o-rific music, mutantcolors! The drumming is pretty bad badass as well. My hat's off to your creativity and multi-skills.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

mutantcolors

Thank ye kindly sir. There's another rekkid I done drummed on at this site (label run by singer/rhythm guitarist of the same band The Reptilians.)
Free for the downloading. This is where I learned how to mix, by sitting in at almost every working minute of the recording process of this record.
http://spacnumrecords.blogspot.com/2009/11/initial-point-gates-of-ivory-now.html