I never knew this thing existed!

Started by dogfood, December 11, 2010, 11:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dk419

I saw this thing a while ago, and thought about getting one, but for some reason, the visual of having different shapes and colors for pedals seems to be easier not to hit the wrong button. Maybe after getting used to it, or making some sort of distinctive markings would help.

VOLVO)))

I'd personally rather hold onto my pedalboard...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

eyeprod

yeah, that thing looks like too much. not for me
CV - Slender Fungus

The Riffer

Not for me either, I am far too neanderthal in my playing to need so many effects. But I can see it's value to the guy who does use lots of effects in varying degrees for different songs. The idea of one switch turning on compression , delay and reverb for a lead is pretty neat-o.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

dk419

Yeah, I prefer having a pedalboard too. I wonder what order it puts things in when a switch is engaged...  You know how you might want a wah in front of a fuzz for that raped wah sound, but sometimes you want it after...

I wonder if you can assign the order of those loops.

Just curious.

dogfood

It's all pretty straight forward on this one-you can't switch the order of the pedals.  I'm pretty sure you could do that with the midi versions of this toy.  And, really?, y'all'd like to keep your pedal boards...what do you think this thing is?  it's a simplifier.  the only sacrifice you'd be making is getting a BIGGER pedal board! 
Problem solving whiskey!

chlorpromazine

For those guys that combine a lot of effects and have to switch between different combinations often, this looks really cool. I can only think of one or two guitarists that I've played with that could use it, but they really needed something like this.