Main Menu

Vaya con dios keith

Started by jibberish, March 11, 2016, 11:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

ahhhhh.   there is another piece missing out of me now

you would have to be a nothing punk ass keyboard synth geek like I was to understand how important emerson was to me

and he was helping out that blind girl prodigy and doing other cool things.

he didn't have to do that to himself. he was a good dude still with plenty to give to this world.

and don't even think about asking if I have basically everything he ever put out. y'all know I do. I was grabbing it as it was released if I could.
He, above all other musicians was my true hero because of what he was doing. not wakeman, not the renaissance dude, not john lord or any of the other awesome organ players like santanas, or Uriah heep or allman or steppenwolf's, not even that other god chick corea. those guys are all "piano players". emerson was a freak who took it way too far just like me.  I "got" him, and latched on like a mutherfucker.

today is not a good day.

spookstrickland

Really sad.  Being that most musicians on the Enneagram are 4s and express their emotions through their art it is very distressing to no longer be able to perform or perform well.  It would be like a regular person having a stroke and no longer being able talk.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Submarine

I had an opportunity to work with him about 10 years ago when Moogfest was in NYC. He brought the big Modular Moog and of course his trusty B3.  Supercool dude and just mindbendingly amazing.  When you work lots of show you only really remember the very worst and the very best.  He was the very best.