Can I hire Blues Pills publicist?

Started by AgentofOblivion, May 21, 2014, 01:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentofOblivion

It seems they have Graveyard level fame already and haven't even released an album yet.  I've seen some high quality live videos and a recent EP but it seems this band's fame far exceeds their output.  What a nice position to be in!  I saw that their debut full length cd release show is already sold out.  It doesn't hurt that they seem fucking awesome, but man oh man have they done it right.  No CDRs and sharpies for these cats.

RacerX

Woman's got a helluva voice—very powerful delivery. Ann Wilson meets Pat Benatar?

Livin' The Life.

Jake

poop.

RacerX

Definitely nothing new, but I dig it.

Then again, I'm old.

At this point in my life, it's begun to seem as if I've heard it all before...
Livin' The Life.

mortlock

clearly youve never listened to deche-charge. ::)

RacerX

I know you're kinda joking, but I'm referring more to musical genres/subgenres/sub-subgenres.

It's all been done, but each time a particular flavor comes around, a younger set thinks it's brand new and unknowingly starts a revival.

/old man rant
Livin' The Life.

mortlock

Quote from: RacerX on May 21, 2014, 07:04:24 PM
I know you're kinda joking, but I'm referring more to musical genres/subgenres/sub-subgenres.

It's all been done, but each time a particular flavor comes around, a younger set thinks it's brand new and unknowingly starts a revival.

/old man rant
actually i couldnt agree more..im pretty sure we are in the same age range and i feel mostly the same way. i hate to admit it though. it bothers me that the younger musicians coming up are so fucking clueless about music history [not all of them]. no excuse for it in todays day and age on the internet. i got my education the old school way. i had a friend in high school who had an older brother and we were groomed on his vast record collection. it became my friends obsession. when we were in our early twenties, we did a quick head count of the vinyl and he had approx 7000 albums then [circa 1990] and he has not stopped collecting. he has more vinyl than some record stores ive been in.

eyeprod

I know Zack and Corey from radio Moscow days. You're right about their publicity but imo they are a rather boring band with a  cute  girl on vocals. The whole thing reeks of "product". They aren't even in graveyards league. It's ridiculous
CV - Slender Fungus

RAGER

Do they look like greasy truckers or do they need to look more like greasy truckers?
No Focus Pocus

eyeprod

Whatever makes them less boring. Though I don't think looks make any difference.
CV - Slender Fungus

RAGER

I've heard some murmurings so I listened and they just don't do anything for me.  Graveyard they are not.
No Focus Pocus

AgentofOblivion

Their guitar player is super good.  The singer has a powerful voice and is attractive, but her melodies got predictable after awhile.  I love the sound of the heavy blues though, so I'm into it in general.  More impressive is their business strategy.  Do they hire this out, happen to be very lucky, or did some record company decide to turn them into the perfect marketable 70s blues-psych machine?

RacerX

Couldn't hurt to ask:

FINKSTER MUSIC
Florian Fink
Samuel-Bachmann-Straße 4
DE-87527 Sonthofen
Email: office(at)finkstermusic.com

Management:
Florian Fink
Finkster Music
office(at)finkstermusic.com

Management – North America:
Weston L. McGowen
Toxic Shadow Management
Westonlmcgowen(at)gmail.com

Record Label:
Nuclear Blast GmbH
Öschstraße 40
DE-73072 Donzdorf
www.nuclearblast.de

Booking - Europe/UK:
RTN Touring
benjamin(at)rtn-touring.com

Booking - US:
The Agency Group, Ltd.
danrozenblum(at)theagencygroup.com

Press & Promotion – Europe:
Markus Jakob
markus.jakob(at)nuclearblast.de

Press & Promotion - North America:
Loana dP Valencia
loana(at)nuclearblastusa.com
Livin' The Life.

astroman

It is not about a publicist or a record company or a business strategy. It is about them putting on badass shows live. I saw them 4 times last year and they destroyed every time, leaving the audience begging for more. Of course, these were like 45-minuite sets. I am honestly skeptical that they can be interesting enough to be a headliner, but we'll see what they come up with on their LP.
If your band is as good as Blues Pills is live, you shouldn't have any issues having some success.

Pissy

So this band is the other two dudes from Radio Moscow that left in that head splitting incident?  And these guys are on track to be bigger than Radio Moscow?  Without Parker?  Interesting stuff if such is the case. 
Vinyls.   deal.

eyeprod

^ yeah, it's those two. I always liked Zack, he is a really good bass player. Kind of odd that their band, which sounds like an alternate version of RM without the killer guitar, is seemingly so popular. I would attribute it to the chick. You just don't see many hot chicks on vocals in a heavier rock band these days. I've checked out some live vids of them, but seriously...meh. I just don't see it. Parker kicks this blues pill guitar players ass any day of the week. Blues? nah. Psych? that's laughable. I would call it retro rock.
CV - Slender Fungus

everdrone

no one is gonna replace Griggs, that guy is one of the greatz!!!

he did get nailed in the head with stitches though didnte he???

http://dcheavymetal.com/2012/01/

I didn't get to the show in time to see them though, but I did catch some of the set by the other support band, Radio Moscow. They were a bluesy rock band with some interesting guitar work. Just a few days prior a video went around on the internet (here) of the guitar player and vocalist, Parker Griggs, throwing his guitar into the drum kit in the middle of a song. The drummer got up and threw the guitar right back at Parker and it hit him in the face so hard he needed stitches. This was on the same tour that was in DC this night, and while both the drummer and bass player had been quickly replaced, you could still easily see the cut on Parker's forehead. Their set wasn't bad, a good opening act really. There was a delay at one point in their set when one of the amps blew. It took several minutes to find another one and get it up on the stage. They played some more afterwards though and while I enjoyed them I was ready for the headliner.

AgentofOblivion

I saw Radio Moscow on one of their first shows back after that incident with the new band.  Ironic to this discussion, they were opening for Graveyard in Memphis, TN.  They were fucking awesome and it blew me away that they were so tight with a brand new band.  I had only heard of Radio Moscow in the week or so leading up to that show and it seemed like Parker was a real grade-A asshole from what I read, but he was really nice as was the whole band.  His parents were actually at the show and we talked to them a bit.  A nice family it would seem. 

But you's all saying the dude from Blues Pills isn't of the same caliber of guitar player is trippin.  I think his technique is far beyond Parker's, though Parker has the energy and the gusto.  It's a matter of taste I suppose.  Regardless, they're both pretty awesome and I'd be happy to give my money to see/hear either band.