Saint Vitus-Lillie F-65

Started by Dr. Skeeter, April 17, 2012, 04:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Skeeter

Anyone digging on this piece? I'm about to give it a spin.

Dr. Skeeter

Not that exciting to me. Just like most Vitus after the first album.

SabbathJeff

Planning on buying it at MDF.  Wish there was a full ablum stream though, I'd love to hear it before I buy.  Not that that will stop me from buying, mind you.  I mean it's new Vitus + Wino.  How bad can it be?
Burn Everything Ash

Cinders Smolder Life

Fresh Crop Harvest

Eat. Sleep. Stonerrock.

Dr. Skeeter

I'd say download a zip/rar file then.....

EddieMullet

If you like Wino era Vitus you should like it, the only real variation is the instrumental track "Vertigo" which kind of sounds like something that could have been on a Hidden Hand album.

I like it.

Dunedin

It is almost as if they recorded this during the Wino Vitus era, the guitar sound is virtually identical.... which is no bad thing
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

stooge

i have not much love for this
the opener is ok and so is the bleeding ground
the 2 instrumentals are plain fillers
it´s good they have wino back in the band and that they finally have a decent drummer but this album is weak imo
and very short too
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

vortex surfer

yeah two good songs (first two), two completely unnecessary instrumentals, and the rest would probably make for alright filler songs in any of the wino albums.

was expecting much better from them.

EddieMullet

Been giving it a lot of spins and I like it, even the "filler" songs kinda grow on you.

It's not their greatest moment, but it definitely does not suck.

MichaelZodiac

I have no real love for the last instrumental but the rest of the record is classic Vitus to my ears. I wasn't expecting they would reinvent the wheel you know, the album is just classic Vitus, nothing more, nothing less.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Mr. Blue

I am really digging this record.  It is classic Vitus.
3 reasons why James said that his Black Sabbath record was important:
"First it scared the shit out of me. Second, it crushed the fuck out of all the peace'n'love'n everything's groovy bullshit that was still hanging around in the early seventies. And third, my friends moms wouldn't let them own it

mutantcolors

So you're saying it's muddy guitar tone and questionable note selection? Sweet.

gritty_fingers

At first, I thought it was ok. But it really grew on me. Now I listen to it quite a lot.
"Ginger People"

lowdaddy

jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.