Game of Thrones

Started by The Shocker, April 18, 2011, 05:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socket

Yeah it's been dumb for years. At least none of us still watch (Fear) The Walking Dead, right?
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

stooge

no
i walked out on that between season 2 and 3
too much of the same stuff
"zombies let´s move!"....
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

Sprague Dawley

Oh dear.

Master Snow will be VERY CROSS with Auntie Dany after that wee debacle.

Things got a little bit on the toasty side at Kings Landing.

Turns out the book readers are SPEWING about the whole thing. "Worst 3 episodes everrr." Guess what? Fuck them. It's supposed to be entertainment. You know, that thing you enjoy. Not some speccy exercise in trainspotting for bug-eyed dungeons and dragons twats, hunched over their laptops, clad in the homemade capes nana knitted for them, clutching their little hand-drawn maps of fuckin Westeros.

Quote from: renfield on May 01, 2019, 11:03:43 AM
The battle episodes are always boring to me.
yeah theres not much real tension in them scenes

QuoteI would like to see the rest of the season play out with 3 factions all at odds with each other: Cersei, Aegon, and Daenerys vying for the throne. I s'pose Cersei is still on Arya's List of Names and maybe that's what they're saving the faceshift for.
Cersei went down a bit daftly in the end. Quite realistic although thought they might have eked a bit more drama from the scenario instead of just "hey bish, watch out for the rubb

renfield

You're not worthy to have an opinion on Game of Thrones if you haven't read the books

Sprague Dawley

Quote from: renfield on May 13, 2019, 01:30:46 PM

"You're not worthy to have an opinion on
Game of Thrones if you haven't read the books."

renfield

If that guy read the books, he knows what's up.

renfield

Anyway the whole problem is that the show could have been more entertaining if it had Done Shit Right. They sure had a handy guide with those books so I'm not sure how they went astray so often.

But, I will admit that it is a landmark series and that I'm looking at it in a glass-half-empty manner

GodShifter

renfield

RAGER

I haven't read the books so I don't know why everyone's so mad. There's a damn petition going around. ???????

The next epic series I create I'll do it right.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

They're mad because they're babies and can't handle the fact that Dany is a neoliberal.

sleestak

Compare character development and pacing of season 7 and 8 with that of the previous seasons.   IMO they could have done all the same shit but added some weight to it with more but shorter episodes.   Like, say, when a dragon, one of the primary and biggest plot elements is killed and it's "mother" barely fucking blinks.   Sure, she was somber in the next episode but the weight to be had by making the dragons death the climax of an episode is just squandered.  It's rushed and it feels like it.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

renfield

I just felt that way all along, I guess. I probably fucked up by reading the books immediately before watching the series, made my expectations too high.

I agree that these last two seasons are probably the biggest offenders.

jmucke

My two takeaways from Season 8: The long night sure is dark and that dragon must have a serious big fuel tank.

Jor el

Well, how about that ?

What Would Scooby Do ?

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

renfield

Oh my, people are going to be displeased

Pissy

I'm trying to think of the best reason why that was such a whimper fart. 
Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

renfield

I did think Jon Snow's fate was pretty hilarious. Basically the three worst things you can do in this world are kill your monarch, your kin, or your dinner guests. Jon Snow is 2/3 and will probably be looked at as a shithead for all of Westerosi history.

sleestak

Like Jor El said very Seinfeld ending.  Wrapped up too neatly but I am not as unsatisfied as the rest of the internet.
A lot of call backs and recurring themes.  Gonna watch again this eve.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

astroman

I thought the finale was great. Most of the complaints I'm seeing are pretty weak.

Sprague Dawley

Yeah was pretty jarring how GreyWorm went from street executions of those who didnt follow his queenie to a bit later seeing the dude who just KILLED his queenie and he's all "oh ok bye then."

Last season looked epic to a pleb like me though, was right into it. Was hoping for another grinning Eddie Sheehan cameo though, maybe as the closing 4 minute musical montage, bring it on home Eddo, strumming jauntily on his mandolin as he strode cocksure and red through the ashen Kings Landing shire, fuck yeah, shoehorn the useless ginger cunt right in there, that'll throw the book people into a spacco speccy tizz of rabid impotent rage