Nirvana

<< < (8/26) > >>

Discö Rice:
It's not cool to like anything, actually, especially if you think it might be.

Demon Lung:
Quote from: RacerX on May 04, 2012, 11:06:13 AM

Quote from: Discö Rice on May 04, 2012, 10:59:54 AM

Why is it discussions about Nirvana always lead to someone bringing up shit bands they wish it was still cool to like?

Simple: Because Nirvana has become uncool to like.

i never liked nirvana. i used to like the come as you are song but now i dont even like that one. although bleach was ok but it wasnt good. and if i remember correctly which im siure i do man in the box broke before nirvana did therefore alice in chains should be credited with the turnaround in rock music and not nirvana

frobbert:
People who prefer bands for the coolness factor instead of the music are totally missing the point. Neither all thing extreme metal and hardcore nor grunge becoming the next cool thing (or stoner for that matter) has ever stopped me from liking Queensrÿche, Iron Maiden, Zappa and Rush, even when my hc/punk/thrash metal friends loudly harrumphed upon those bands. Don't think that's cool enough? Bite me  :P

Let the music do the talking, you trendies  ::)

black:
I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Nirvana. It probably started in the mid 1980's when my band traveled to Santa Fe, New Mexico. We were booked to play at a dive bar on the outskirts of town called the Rockin' T. P. It was a local band called 27 Devils Joking, us and some cats out of Seattle called Nirvana. There were about 17 people at the whole gig, including band members. Nirvana played like madmen and killed it. Won me over and I still dig that sound. Not concerned so much over the "purity" of any of the albums. I just dig Rocking.

At the end of the night, the chick that was traveling with them as a merch/road manager approched us. She noticed we were selling some of our own records and handed me a cassette. She said the band was trying to get signed to a label and saw that we were on one and if we liked the music, perhaps we could help Nirvana get on our label. I explained that our "label" consisted of the smallest post office box available and about 875 of those albums stashed under the singers bed, keeping it level. She dug what was up and said I could keep the cassette. Less than a year later, most of those songs appeared on a record called Nevermind.

After that, anytime I was somewhere Nirvana was playing, they would invite us (band mates and whoever) backstage to shmooze. I had know Dave before, during the Punk Rock days when my Punk Rock band would occasionally cross paths with Scream. I never did meet Courtney though.

But you know who's really a name dropper?
My good friend Dan Truly.

Demon Lung:
Quote from: frobbert on May 04, 2012, 11:26:06 AM

People who prefer bands for the coolness factor instead of the music are totally missing the point. Neither all thing extreme metal and hardcore nor grunge becoming the next cool thing (or stoner for that matter) has ever stopped me from liking Queensrÿche, Iron Maiden, Zappa and Rush, even when my hc/punk/thrash metal friends loudly harrumphed upon those bands. Don't think that's cool enough? Bite me  :P

Let the music do the talking, you trendies  ::)

thats what im saying man. i can still listen to wasp and queensryche. the element of rocking can be in any type of music. for me nirvana lacked that element. like on leviathan when mastodon starts busting out mind bending riffs that havent been heard from them since. nirvana never did that for me. they were too poppy. and pop music is the only type of music that lacks the element of rocking. although michael jackson had it on albums like off the wall

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page