lots of guitar technique tips from metal masters video

Started by jibberish, December 29, 2013, 06:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

I must be getting better because this video actually makes sense, and he does show just enough to get the idea without wearing it out.
of course I have to practice a lot to get even one technique even close to speed, but I can see what he is trying to show us.

i'm sure this guy is a hack compared to you guys, but maybe he has even one trick for you.

RAGER

I found that video quite a while ago.  Watched it several times for fun.
No Focus Pocus

liquidsmoke

jibberish

I hope y'all check out some of the instructional part of this, which is the bulk of it.
I really like his teaching style.  He sort of describes each artist within the big picture. this sort of ties together where they sit in the big scheme. then he only picks out 1 or 2 special things and composes a similar little lesson piece. shows you tab and explains slow mo  wtf is going on.

that's really what I was talking about. the intro deal is far beyond me as is. heh, but break that shit down like that, THEN watch the intro again.  ok, way too fast, but I can see where he put the funny mega HO/PO blitz that so-and-so uses, or fucking zakky. what a cheater haha. harmonic doodling.

THEN  this morning I was watching a random Sabbath cover vid of zakk, and allstars like corey from slipknot and that no name ex metallica bass player etc..heh. anyway, sure as shit zakky busted out the harmonics doodle/noodle and I recognized it FTW!

I need stuff like this so badly because i'm always playing catch-up it seems.
just have to keep the faith that some day I will be able to speak my mind through my guitar eloquently vs the guttural stammers, of a multiple massive stroke victim with advanced multiple sclerosis, that I currently make.

Dr.Zayus

Danny G

Not a fan of shredding, but I def want to watch more of this video.

Made it thru the intro and the first Yngwie lesson. Son of a bitch, I use that scale quite often, hahahaha. Will revisit later when I'm not in bed about to go to sleep.

Learnin shit never hurts

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Submarine

I like how this guy breaks it down.  Even though shredding is not my cup of tea, there are a few things in there that I could easily adapt.

eyeprod

That guy rips and he seems cool too. Fun to watch for sure. I passed out to it the other night. I love the format! Someone should do one about rock and metal singers. That would be some funny shit! Like, discussing the differences in vibrato and screams.
CV - Slender Fungus

jibberish

i'm glad this guy is coming across as a top shelf blend for most of y'all also.
that's good feedback, because this guy is sort of what I've needed to kick up a gear.

I actually found this vid by the title and curiosity, and stuck around long enough to get into the instructional part. random find.

after watching specific genre technique vids, this one didn't even hit me like that. I felt it was a master trick type of thing.
seems like this is just a whole bag of tricks. the teacher actually plays the tricks. he just uses the artist who inspired it as added-value fodder
perfect. I don't want to play like ingwe. skillset sure, but boring ass repertoire, no , not so much.

the slipknot lessons are how to cause miscarriages with XtrEEm trem picking deathsweeps, and they stick with the program.
or the Australian music version of bob ross and his blues lessons series. 30 lessons nothing but blues stuff

-----------
haha, that halestorm song came on to the radio. dammit. this is a catchy fucking song. I am in conflict...dzzzt...zzz.zzzt..fzzzzzZZZZt...dzzz....zz